You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 11, 2017 9:31 am  #1

Is anyone else on the autism spectrum?

So, I'm on the autism spectrum. More specifically, I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome at the age of three. Sometimes I wonder if my intense interest in comforting people as they cry that's been prevalent since I was five could be a result of the autism. Now, I'm not saying that people who are also that interested are probably on the spectrum. However, I feel like it could be a partly autistic thing with me. Ever since I was five, I have fantasized about comforting people while they cry every single night before I go to sleep and also oftentimes during the day. Thinking about it before bed or as I'm going to sleep is an absolute must though; like a routine. It's extremely comparable to my other hyperfixations as a result of autism, which is what makes me wonder how this fetish of mine ties in with it, or if it even does at all. It makes me curious as to how many others here are on the spectrum and can relate.

So, is anyone else on the autism spectrum by any chance?

September 12, 2017 3:50 pm  #2

Re: Is anyone else on the autism spectrum?

Funny you should ask. I'm also aspergers, and I've had fantasies about comforting crying women since I was three.

"Bless me now with your fierce tears..."

September 13, 2017 6:41 pm  #3

Interesting aspect. How many of us are bipolar or depressed?

September 14, 2017 1:41 am  #4

I have atypical depression, also known as dysthymia.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

Board footera