You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 17, 2017 4:28 pm  #11

Re: Feeling tearful today

Would you be willing to share what you got on film, either here or in a pm?

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

September 17, 2017 5:21 pm  #12

TN: sometimes you are just protecting yourself or maybe you are the one holding everything together and are not able to break down because there are others needing you strong? I just can talk for myself, would be nice to break down and get some release but the damage it would do to others is not acceptable (just some experience from today...). Did your crying night give you some relief?

September 19, 2017 6:48 pm  #13

@Flatter: It was a very constipated cry, and so it gave me no relief. I think I'm too used to clenching emotions to let it out properly. I became a little tearful today as well. I pounded the bed with my fist and then had my fist on my forehead. My eyes teared up.

@meantangerine: Yes I'm willing, by pm.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

September 19, 2017 8:01 pm  #14

TorNorth - perhaps if you relax into your emotions - rather than feeling tied up in knots by them - your emotions might come out - sent you a PM on this. Anger can make people cry but I think Males generally don't cry because of anger and frustration (Female are more likely to cry when angry) - I know anger is generally not a trigger for me. Sometimes it's creating the right environment to cry in rather than trying to make yourself cry - it becomes to forced - if you create the right feelings you'll cry - easier said than done of course!

September 20, 2017 8:51 pm  #15

More bad news this morning. I had to fight hard to keep the tears at bay during work. Many times I had to pause to wipe my eyes and nose. I don't know if anyone noticed - probably not. Tonight at home I had my first sob session. I broke down while having dinner. I had my head lowered. Two tears went down my nose and fell, one rolled down my right cheek. I was making rapid whispery sobs. My lips sort of drew inwards but my bottom lip also curled out in a tight, thin shape. It lasted only a few seconds. Then I wiped my face and nose with a tissue.

After I'd put my plate away I sat on the bed and sobbed for a few more seconds. A tear rolled down my right cheek into my stubbly beard. I think it helped me calm a bit, though not too much.

September 21, 2017 12:46 am  #16

Wow. This is the first time you've sobbed in a very long time, right? Sorry you're going through something so exceptionally difficult. I know you'll pull through, and I'm here if you wanna talk.

That said, when I saw that you had given us a self sobbing obs, for the first time in so many years...dude I have goosebumps. Gonna go walk this off. Jesus.

September 21, 2017 5:27 pm  #17

This is certainly my first sob in almost 20 years.

September 21, 2017 8:11 pm  #18

I hope things get easier for you. Sending good wishes.

"Bless me now with your fierce tears..."

September 21, 2017 9:25 pm  #19

In an odd way I'm pleased you were able to cry - don't get me wrong I truly hope the 'stuff' that's hurting goes away - but, I honestly think the release will have done some good. It does not make the problems go away, you might not feel better right away(in fact you might feel worse!) but over time I convinced it helps. You definitely shed emotional tears - when was the last time that happened? Do you think if you'd been able to release the tears you felt at work there would have been more of them? I'm glad you let them flow a bit as well - as I say I hope things get better soon but perhaps now you know you can cry the tears will come easier the second time around - Take Care.

September 22, 2017 7:41 pm  #20

TorNorth wrote:

This is certainly my first sob in almost 20 years.

Extracting the actual reason for the sobbing, I almost want to congratulate you, TorNorth.  Wow.  Sorry for the difficult time you are going through.  Given your past confessions about not being much of a crier, it must be really intense for it to have evoked this response.  For what it's worth, I don't think it trivializes it that you are filming it, etc.  You are experiencing something very rare for you that you are genuinely curious about and sharing your personal story with those who would be interested.  I think those are two beautiful things within the not-so-beautiful crap.  Don't miss the good stuff!  Another good stuff being that you've got people who care about your pain who don't even know you.  

Sending good vibes your way.  It's all I can really do from over here.

Board footera