You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 9, 2018 4:45 pm  #1

Workplace mini-observations

So I currently work at a customer support call centre. Crap can be hectic, customers can be abusive. Once in a while there can be some small meltdowns. In the last 6 months of working there I have seen about 4 so far. They won't be very detailed unfortunately.

Obs 1: During work I saw a girl walking across the work suite towards the exit. She looked upset and her face was red and smeared with tears. She then walked out of the room.

Obs 2: This one involved probably one of the prettiest girls that I've seen there. I had been fantasizing about her crying quite a lot, but then I sort of got to see it. I saw her walking towards my manager. I wasn't paying much attention until someone said "have you been crying?" I quickly looked up and saw that eyes were red rimmed. She was speaking softly to the manager so I couldn't hear what the issue was. I was trying to watch her from over my screen without making it look obvious that I was staring. I saw her briefly cover her eyes and most of her face with one hand. I could see her chin tremble a little. Then she uncovered her face and for a few seconds wiped the bottom rim of her eyes. The manager said something and she left the room.

Obs 3: Pretty much exactly the same as the first obs, but the lady was older and prettier than the first girl.

Obs 4: I was going into one of the work suites when a young man and woman was walking out. The boy sounded angry about some. The girl behind him looked upset. As she was coming out I heard her give out a single sob. Her mouth was open and her face expressive, though unfortunately no lip curl. They both walked out of the building with the boy in the lead and the girl following. The last I heard was the boy saying something angrily and the girl giving a sniff. This girl was also one of the prettier ones. I seriously wish they'd stop running out so I could see more.

So there you go. People post so many great observations, but I'm stuck in an endless string of these mediocre ones.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

August 10, 2018 2:47 am  #2

Re: Workplace mini-observations

I'd say these are pretty fantastic obs for a workplace, thanks for posting about it. I love it when I randomly see someone's face wet, and then realize that those are tears. Obs #1 is the best 

Crying at work is a touchy subject for women, especially in an office setting, so your female colleagues are unlikely to be any more open about it unless you befriend them and are there to comfort them. My workplace culture allows for a little more emotional expression, and even I still feel uneasy about crying openly at work.

August 11, 2018 6:19 pm  #3

The second girl was known to me, though not closely. I might have tried to go to her if it wasn't for rules dictating when you can leave your desk. There was another incident where I saw a lady suddenly leave her desk and yell, "Bye everyone! I quit. You won't be seeing me anymore!"

She then stormed out. Judging from her expression, she might have burst into tears once she left the suite.

August 12, 2018 1:02 am  #4

Seems like your job position does not allow you to take the opportunity to wipe a beautiful girl’s tears, it’s like being teased, seeing and not being able to feel or hug.

August 15, 2018 8:32 pm  #5

Got another one from two days ago. Two women were talking in the canteen and suddenly one of them burst into tears. The subject matter seemed to be boy trouble. I saw her face briefly before the other girl had her face in her chest. She had an intense expression. Her lip was curled but that may be because she was talking the whole time she cried. Unfortunatey I was sitting too far away to see any tears. The rest of the moment happened with her facing the other way. I wasn't familiar with them so couldn't go over to stick my nose into it. It was a girly moment anyway, with a circle of girls gathered around her.

Last edited by TorNorth (August 15, 2018 8:54 pm)

September 1, 2018 10:18 am  #6

Obs from 4 days ago. I am sitting at my desk when the girl next to me says something like, "you know, when I see someone crying, I start crying. I can't help it"
I said, "who's crying?" and she pointed to another female colleague in front of me. She had her back to me, and she was being comforted by another girl next to her. Apparently they had to put her dog down. I couldn't see her face, but at one point I saw her lift a tissue to her eyes.

The girl next to me talks about crying all the time, so I jokingly told her to go ahead and cry. She said, "yeahhh, right here yeah?" I said, "no one's looking."

It was a joke but I'm actually hoping she'd cry some day. She's about 20 and I treat her more like a little sister, but she is attractive. Not gorgeous, but she's biracial with a cute smile and a lovely chin dimple.

Board footera