You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 6, 2019 4:42 am  #1

Which do you prefer, the sight or sound of crying?

I have to admit, for me, it's the sound rather than the sight. Silent crying, especially when it's in movies or on TV and muted by music, I find much less satisfactory than the actual sound of sobbing. For example, in the latest episode of "Victoria", there's a scene near the end where her former baker, Mr. Francatelli, is mourning the death of his wife, who has just died of cholera. The scene is silent, and while I was very much in "Gee, I want to just hold him" mode, the scene was totally silent except for a voice over, and I felt cheated. As for the perfect sobbing, I'm still trying to find the one soundbite that fully satisfies my need. So far, the closest is the scene from "Desperate Romantics", where Rosetti (played by Aiden Turner) finds his wife has committed suicide. (Episode six). The urgency in the sound gets me right in the feels. 

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

February 6, 2019 6:06 am  #2

Re: Which do you prefer, the sight or sound of crying?

I prefer the sight of someone crying more than the sound (although the sound helps too) but I mean I'd prefer crying sounds or no sounds (not like background music or a voiceover for the sound. With that I'd rather have silent tears).

February 6, 2019 11:27 am  #3

I have to agree with Princess _Lucky, I would rather have a silent cry than a non visual sob, I mean, I love the sound, but not so much without the visuals.

February 6, 2019 1:35 pm  #4

It's so hard to choose! I think it's actually the sound for me. I mean, I love the visual a lot, especially the chin/mouth, but I think my favorite part is the sobs.

February 7, 2019 5:00 am  #5

Both!!
With the sound I find I like especially when I hear more than one person at once.

April 16, 2019 6:19 pm  #6

I'm definitely more of a sound person. Unchecked tears aren't especially a big deal to me, but good quality sobbing, or even just talking through a slightly broken voice can make me blush like a schoolgirl. When I say I like the sight of crying, it's less the tears themselves, though they help, and more them with that sullen face, either wiping the tears away with their hands or preferably with a tissue. Them blowing their noses is also a plus, both sight and sound.

April 16, 2019 9:21 pm  #7

I'm into the sight better than the sound and what I prefer with the sight is totally over tears itself : unchecked tears, always and mostly the spotted area where they might land over...about the face, I'd rather feel better to look at it if it's expressionless with open eyes and closed mouth with any sound.
However, sometimes I still might enjoy a sob sound but obviously depending about how does it sound, like always...but rather a small one with lots of tears than some very noisy. Speaking of sound, my main preference about it would be a landing tear over a flat straight surface with enough impact and enough silence around it to be able to hear it...and that's about it.

Massively shed tears with high innie belly buttons women, these are my favorites things 

April 17, 2019 2:26 am  #8

Sound, definitely. It's like a beautiful song.

"Bless me now with your fierce tears..."

Board footera