You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 20, 2019 5:20 am  #1

Obs: Self and Acquaintance

So, as can be interpreted from my last post, I'm suffering from depression right now, and have joined a therapy group this week. It's been an exhausting process so far, but I'm doing the best I can so I can heal. At least one good thing that's come of it is that I've had a couple of obs so far!

There's this girl in the group with me. Let's call her W. W seems like a fairly quiet, but sweet and funny person. She's thin, with dark hair and eyes. I sat next to her in one of the sessions today, and at a certain point, I started to notice her countenance drop, a sullen look plastered on her face. Her face was slightly red, particularly her nose, and her eyes appeared to be glistening. I didn't notice any tears fall, but I did see her reach into her bag, grab a disposable wipe from inside, and use that to slowly and carefully wipe at her eyes multiple times. I was trying not to stare, and to focus on the discussion, but I was definitely at least a little bit distracted. Her crying was beautiful.

Once the group session ended, W ended up striking up a conversation with me, and although it was a short conversation, I learned what a witty, kind-hearted person she is. I forget what we were talking about exactly, but she mentioned a recent trip she took, and she ended up crying tears of joy at a festival or something. At that point, I couldn't resist calling her adorable, and I'd be willing to bet I was blushing at least a little bit. I hope to become better acquainted with her in the future, not for any ulterior motives, but just because she seems really cool, and I'd like to be friends with her!

At the end of the day, I went home, and after dinner, found my partner in a state of frenzy. They had lost an important item, and were getting anxious about it. I'm not sure what exactly happened, but something they said in that frenzied state set the waterworks off in me. I froze for a second or two, went to my bedroom, and slowly started to cry. I was staring at the ceiling in my bedroom, covered my eyes with my forearm, and started sobbing. My lips were exposed, and definitely curled. I sobbed for a few minutes, took a few minutes to breathe and calm down, and went back into the common room to see my partner in a better state of mind. We talked about our mutual states of distress, and everything's fine now.

July 20, 2019 2:48 pm  #2

Re: Obs: Self and Acquaintance

Good obs, seems you finally have a friend who might be willing to cry in front of you.

July 20, 2019 11:17 pm  #3

You had me worried after your last post. Thank you for starting therapy. Group sessions are always a safe place to cry. 

July 20, 2019 11:45 pm  #4

Amans lacrimae wrote:

Good obs, seems you finally have a friend who might be willing to cry in front of you.

Yeah, definitely for at least as long as we're both in this program! She's starting grad school across the country soon, so I don't know how much longer we'll be in the same city. She is cool, though!

July 20, 2019 11:46 pm  #5

truffle wrote:

You had me worried after your last post. Thank you for starting therapy. Group sessions are always a safe place to cry. 

Thanks. Like I said, it's exhausting so far, but I hope to take the time I need to get back on my feet.

Board footera