You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 21, 2019 4:47 am  #1

Planned crying?

So I was watching videos today and came across this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW2J-C-CtnA

Although she meant it as a joke, I really relate to this. If I go too long without crying, I start to feel emotionally numb, and just generally sad and listless. That's when I try to find something to push me over the edge (poignant story, book, music) or I ask my wife to coax me to tears, just so I could feel something. Before the last personal obs I posted, I had gone months without crying, and the final two weeks I just wasn't myself. After that intense obs, I felt much more serene, my sense of humor returned, and I just felt so much lighter! Since then, it has again been two tear-free months and I can feel the uneasiness returning. My body isn't used to this sudden decrease in crying.

After an unexpectedly long tear drought, do any of you (or your partners) ever just take a few minutes out of your day specifically to cry? Or do you just wait until it happens naturally? What's your favorite way to get the tears flowing?

July 21, 2019 4:58 am  #2

Re: Planned crying?

Hello Truffle, long time no see, I personally don't like crying, therefore, I wait until it happens naturally.

July 21, 2019 5:27 pm  #3

I've been crying much more often than normal recently, because of my depression. Ordinarily, though, I'm pretty easily able to cry when I need to. Sometimes, I'll read conversations with my ex, or watch particular scenes from movies or TV that speak to me enough to get me welling up a bit.

July 28, 2019 3:58 pm  #4

I rarely need to make myself cry, but if I feel like I need to let the emotion out, there are a couple of songs that invariably have me sobbing, especially if I try to sing along. 

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

August 1, 2019 12:55 am  #5

I too have had that restless and scattered feeling when I know I need to cry but I can't for whatever reason.  The tears won't flow.  Usually a really sad song will do the trick...5th Dimension's "If I Could Reach You" does it to me every time.

"People cry, not because they're weak. It's because they've been strong for too long." --Johnny Depp
"Cry to me...let it come, let it bleed...reach in and get it, and set it free." --Heart

Board footera