You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 30, 2019 7:56 am  #1

First time

I was wondering, how was that unique moment when your partner (s/o, or special friend) saw you cry for the first time: how did you react (stay in the same place, go somewhere else to be alone, seek to be comforted),how intense did you cry (only tears, mild sobbing, sobbing hard), how did you react when you started crying (cover face with hands to hide tears, directly wipe eyes to prevent tears rolling down your face, wipe tears from cheeks, allow tears to run unchecked down your face), how many people were present, how did your s/o(friend) reacted (gave you space, was shocked, went to comfort you), how did your s/o react to your tears (acknowledged them, let you handle it, wiped them, kissed them), More or less how long did the crying fit last.

If you remember (almost sure most do), same as above, this time viceversa (first time you saw your s/o cry). Have a wonderful week.

August 1, 2019 1:38 am  #2

Re: First time

When I first started dating the man I would later marry, I was letting him in for our second date. The house was full of boxes because my roommates and I had to move out. The owners were selling the house under us and the promised three months to find a place to live had been suddenly changed to 28 days  I was stressed, emotional and embarrassed about the way the house looked, so at one point I was telling him all about it, and I broke down.  My voice went shaky and I could feel the tears welling up as my face screwed up a bit. I put my hands up to my face, not wanting him to see my ugly crying face, but he just took me in his arms and said, "Let yourself feel the feelings, it's all right."  I wept into his shoulder, and then we sat down for a little bit and talked some more, me crying off and on.  I think at one point he gave me his handkerchief to wipe my eyes with while I sat there crying.  I know I was wiping my tears with something..  He was really great about it.  For years and years after we were married, he never cried. He always said he wasn't able to do it, but it wasn't for holding back or anything.  He just couldn't cry. 
Then, in 2004, our sweet little albino ferret died unexpectedly.  My husband was very shaken up by it; he was the one who found her in the cage.  We always loved animals; mostly we had cats and the occasional ferret.
He canceled a work engagement, and we were trying to figure out when we could take the ferret to the vet to be cremated.  We were talking about it and suddenly  he just broke into sobs.  His tears fell unchecked but he wiped his nose with a tissue now and then.  I just put my arms around him and he let me hold him while he cried.  I was really moved that he finally allowed himself to cry to me.  Normally he sobs really hard, tears rolling down his face unchecked.  I don't always sob hard, sometimes it's medium but I'm usually wiping my tears or covering my face with my hands or something.. I hate for tears to just stay unchecked on my face. It's not comfortable, it feels kind of clammy so I have to soak them up with something lol. 

Last edited by La Llorona (August 1, 2019 1:42 am)

"People cry, not because they're weak. It's because they've been strong for too long." --Johnny Depp
"Cry to me...let it come, let it bleed...reach in and get it, and set it free." --Heart

August 1, 2019 2:13 am  #3

Does he usually give you handkerchiefs, has he ever wiped your tears?

He usually allows his tears fall unchecked, have you ever wiped his tears? If yes, how does he react when you do?

August 1, 2019 3:07 am  #4

I have wiped and kissed his tears before, and he seemed to appreciate it but he never says anything about it, and I don't need him to.  I used to want to talk to him about crying and would initiate conversations about it but he doesn't seem to get into talking about it.   That's okay.  We just allow the moment to be.  Usually when he cries, I'll give him tissues or  whatever is nearby, and then sit with him, kissing his teary cheeks.   When I'm crying, he doesn't wipe my tears but he will give me tissues or a handkerchief, and either hold me or just sit beside me,,just being there.    He was the first person I ever felt safe to cry deeply in the presence of.

Last edited by La Llorona (August 1, 2019 3:12 am)

"People cry, not because they're weak. It's because they've been strong for too long." --Johnny Depp
"Cry to me...let it come, let it bleed...reach in and get it, and set it free." --Heart

August 1, 2019 5:33 am  #5

Interesting behaviour, allowing tears to fall unchecked and liking to have His tears wiped and kissed. You, on the other hand, hide your face and wipe your tears, do you hide your face because of shame? Is it the tears, the crying face, something I didn't notice? About feeling clammy, do you shed that many tears, do they roll down your face in several paths, does your face get so wet that no individual streaks are distinguishable?

Thank you for sharing.

Last edited by Amans lacrimae (August 1, 2019 5:34 am)

August 1, 2019 7:04 am  #6

http://cryinglovers.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=1867

Couldn't figure out how to copy and paste from my kindle, but this post has the first (and only) time I've seen my husband cry.
I don't remember the first time he has seen me cry as I am a very emotional person and tend to cry fairly often.

August 4, 2019 7:12 am  #7

The first time I properly cried in front of my husband, we had been dating for about three months. I had just been sick for about three weeks (horrible ear infection/bronchitis), and I was finally starting to feel better. I had a really long, stressful day at work ahead of me, but it was the last day before a week-long vacation, and I could suddenly see the light at the end of the tunnel. I was overwhelmed with exhaustion as well as impending relief, and I started sobbing in his arms in bed in the morning. He held me, kissed my cheeks, whispered that he loved me. It was very warm and loving. I was actually relieved because I often have trouble crying in front of people that I have never cried in front of, and I had been concerned because I had yet to cry in front of him, despite numerous emotional conversations and total trust. So it was reassuring, and since then I've had no trouble crying with him.

The first time I saw him cry was on the 2nd day of our relationship. We'd already been friends for two years, so we were completely comfortable with each other, but we were sharing a new level of intimacy. It was about 2 AM, and we were having an hours-long conversation about all the emotional stuff in our lives that we hadn't talked about when we were just friends. We got to a certain topic that always makes him emotional, and his voice started to tremble. I thought, OMG, HE'S ACTUALLY GOING TO CRY, and then he sobbed silently for a few seconds in my arms. We kept talking, and I wiped tears from his cheeks, and then he started sobbing a little harder. I held him, thinking that I couldn't believe this was actually happening (I had fantasized about it so many times). He looked up at me with tears streaming down his face, we stared into each other's eyes for about a minute, and he told me he loved me for the first time. It was truly one of the most amazing things that's ever happened to me.

August 4, 2019 2:27 pm  #8

I am surprised he readily cried in front of you, even allowed you to wipe his tears, dos wiping His tears Made him sob harder? Like you, I also have trouble crying in front of somebody I haven't cried before.

When you cried in front of him, he took care of you like a pro, seems he was used to, he held you in his arms and kissed your tears, how did you feel when he did? (At least he cried in front of you sooner than you did, guess that made you feel more comfortable?).

Have a wonderful weekend, missed you on the site.

Last edited by Amans lacrimae (August 5, 2019 1:04 pm)

August 5, 2019 9:52 pm  #9

The first time my girlfriend saw me cry, we had been together for four months or so. I had just gotten into a fight (really just me receiving a written/verbal beatdown) with one of my exes, to whom I have a great deal of emotional attachment. When I read what my ex wrote to me, I was taken off guard, and their words hit me really hard. I started sobbing really hard--so hard that I found it hard to talk.

My girlfriend hugged me, and just held me in her arms and let me cry for as long as I needed. I was probably shaking a great deal, since my sobbing was so intense, and I know I got plenty of tears and whatnot on my girlfriend's shirt sleeve. She was okay with it, though I was embarrassed. She said that she usually doesn't know how to respond when people cry like that in front of her, but I told her that she did plenty, and that she was helpful. When she left my apartment that evening, she messaged me to tell me to be strong, and that she loved me. That was the first time she told me she loved me without me saying I loved her first, so that meant a great deal to me. I'm still with her to this day, and I hope to always be with her.

August 6, 2019 2:25 am  #10

Dacrypticphile wrote:

The first time my girlfriend saw me cry, we had been together for four months or so. I had just gotten into a fight (really just me receiving a written/verbal beatdown) with one of my exes, to whom I have a great deal of emotional attachment. When I read what my ex wrote to me, I was taken off guard, and their words hit me really hard. I started sobbing really hard--so hard that I found it hard to talk.

My girlfriend hugged me, and just held me in her arms and let me cry for as long as I needed. I was probably shaking a great deal, since my sobbing was so intense, and I know I got plenty of tears and whatnot on my girlfriend's shirt sleeve. She was okay with it, though I was embarrassed. She said that she usually doesn't know how to respond when people cry like that in front of her, but I told her that she did plenty, and that she was helpful. When she left my apartment that evening, she messaged me to tell me to be strong, and that she loved me. That was the first time she told me she loved me without me saying I loved her first, so that meant a great deal to me. I'm still with her to this day, and I hope to always be with her.

Have you seen her cry? Did she wipe or kiss your tears?

Board footera