You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 12, 2019 6:44 pm  #1

Interesting research - crying helps regulate breathing.

https://www.psypost.org/2019/07/crying-may-help-to-regulate-breathing-according-to-new-research-54077

https://reddit.com/r/science/comments/cftdb5/crying_may_aid_in_the_regulation_of_breathing/

This is for the research lovers among us. Article and reddit discussion linked. Crying may help regulate your heart rate and respiratory rate.

Interestingly, only college-age women were included in this study so I’m not sure the results can be generalized to males or older women or younger girls.

I'm a woman and I think women are beautiful when they cry.

August 12, 2019 6:54 pm  #2

Re: Interesting research - crying helps regulate breathing.

Nice findings, of course, this field has a lot of opportunity and, like the same study mentions, lab results and real life may be extremely different.

August 13, 2019 3:25 pm  #3

"In the study, 197 female undergraduate students were randomly assigned to either watch sad or emotionally neutral videos for about 17 minutes. About half of the participants who watched the sad videos ended up crying."

Wow! Assuming just 50 of the participants were given sad videos, half of that would mean 25 of these girls cried! I would have loved to have conducted this experiment! Wonder how many of them let their tears flow unchecked. I wish I could be part of such an experiment someday.

Tears of joy are beautiful.

August 17, 2019 4:21 am  #4

JohnstonWalker wrote:

"In the study, 197 female undergraduate students were randomly assigned to either watch sad or emotionally neutral videos for about 17 minutes. About half of the participants who watched the sad videos ended up crying."

Wow! Assuming just 50 of the participants were given sad videos, half of that would mean 25 of these girls cried! I would have loved to have conducted this experiment! Wonder how many of them let their tears flow unchecked. I wish I could be part of such an experiment someday.

My thoughts exactly!

Board footera