You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 13, 2019 9:41 pm  #1

New boyfriend obs

So, in my previous posts, I mentioned that my boyfriend had an injury and was worried about the medical bills.

Well, he recently got the bills in the mail, and was pretty overwhelmed by them. He texted me while I was at work that he'd gotten them and was freaking out a little, and I knew he was probably already emotional or would be later on about them. I tried to be supportive in text, but knew I'd also see him later on.

He came to my house later that night and I was finishing up throwing some dinner in a crock pot when he arrived. He was clearly in a bad mood, so we talked a little about it, and then he said something about wishing he'd taken another position when it was offered to him (it wouldn't have put him out of work while injured), and he started to cry. We were standing in my kitchen and I wasn't sure how to help in that moment, because I didn't want to just stare at him while he was crying, but I didn't quite know how to move from where we were both standing about a foot apart into a hug or anything. I kind of rubbed his arm, and he wiped his tears away, frustrated that he was crying. I was eventually able to pull him into a hug, and we stayed like that with his head on my shoulder for a while. He was not sobbing or anything, just quiet tears. We pulled away and talked a little more, and he cried a bit more (he said something like "my eyes keep watering" - not sure if he didn't want me to know he was actually crying again and trying to hide it by saying it was something else, or if he meant he was crying but just used that terminology), and then we went into my bedroom because my roommate came home.

We laid on my bed for a bit, and once in a while he'd cry a little - I have never seen him truly break down, just tears. He would pull his sleeve over his hand and wipe his tears with it. Eventually, he stopped crying and we just hung out for the rest of the night. He jokingly suggested watching a sad movie, since he was crying anyway and it would give him something to actually cry about. 

I still have never cried in front of him - I generally hate crying in front of anyone (actually, I hate crying in general), but I find myself for some reason wanting to cry with him, because I feel like he'd be so comforting and sweet. He does a good job taking care of me when I don't feel well, so I feel like it's along the same lines!

November 15, 2019 6:46 am  #2

Re: New boyfriend obs

Interesting your bf is still so emotional, I would have thought he would be back to "normal" after the injury. I find It a bit funny and imagine how you must have felt with him crying in front of you about a feet away, I usually take a step forward and wipe the crying girl's tears, so she is close enough to hug me or for me to continue wiping her tears.

It seems you are trusting in him more and More in order for you to want to cry to him, I am eagerly waiting for that obs .

Have a wonderful weekend.

November 16, 2019 4:41 am  #3

Re: New boyfriend obs

I can't wait for the day you cry to him so he can comfort you (hopefully not about anything really serious) and see if he comforts you like you comfort him.

Board footera