You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 16, 2019 3:34 am  #1

Obs at a party (Female and Male)

We were talking in another thread about uncomfortable public obs. Sharing because Amans requested. It was pretty sad so I’ll leave out some personal details.

Background: I was at a house party with my wife, my sister and my brother in law (my sister’s husband). I was just looking forward to meeting some new people and sharing a nice evening with my family. We weren’t expecting or prepared to cry and had no tissues. There were a lot of our neighbors and plenty of strangers there.

The Obs: The world series was on and most people were in the living room watching. The third inning had ended and my sister and I had slipped into the kitchen to help cut a giant cake (it was someone’s birthday). I had all four of our phones in my bag, and I heard my brother-in-law’s phone ringing in the bag. My sister started rummaging through my purse while I and a few others went into the living room to serve the cake. A minute later I looked over at her from the living room, and I saw her looking at the phone with a stunned expression and her lips pressed together. I hurried back into the kitchen to find her crying with a tear hanging off the tip of her nose, one at her chin and a third slowly rolling down her left cheek, sniffling haltingly, and she was sort of halfway biting her lower lip while her lips were quivering. I squeezed her shoulder and she showed me the texts she had been reading. When I read them, my heart sank and tears jumped to my eyes. I guided her out into the hallway away from the living room, while she called the person who had been texting and started talking to them in a choked but steady voice. I then stood in the doorway into the kitchen and motioned to my wife to get my brother-in-law and bring him into the hallway.

As they were walking up to me, I sniffled a bit and had a tear run down each cheek. My wife looked really concerned and swiftly wiped the tear from my right cheek as she went through the doorway, but then she noticed my sister (who was now weeping heavily) sitting on the floor talking on the phone, and she went to her and sat beside her. My brother in law also did a similar thing, brushed my right cheek with his fingers before noticing his sobbing wife and rushing to her side.

Now, I hadn’t heard my sister’s phone conversation because she didn’t have it on speaker, but I knew it must have been bad. While she does cry regularly, she almost never sobs this hard. I was worried and scared; my heart was pounding and I was a bit lightheaded, and I knew we needed to leave. Our car was locked in by another vehicle in the driveway. Thankfully, that vehicle belonged to a couple I knew well, and they were standing in the kitchen. I wiped my tears away and so I went up to them to ask them to move their car. The husband didn’t ask any questions and quickly went out the door to his car, while his wife stayed with me. We were turned away from everyone else, and I was still quietly weeping, and 3-4 more tears rolled down my cheeks, and my nose was starting to run, and at this point I was on the verge of breaking down completely. I must have looked pitiful because she pulled me into a tight comforting hug, which really helped. I was able to calm down a little and avoid sobbing. She then offered me some tissues and I used one to wipe my nose. Several other women and one other man were watching me cry but thankfully didn’t draw too much attention to me, and most of the guys had their eyes glued to the TV so they didn’t notice.

I pulled away from her and went back into the hallway. My sister had stopped sobbing and was letting out these quick, post-cry hiccups. My wife was sitting next to her, and she had unsurprisingly started crying. I’ve described her sobbing to you all so many times but I’ll do it again. She was sitting with her knees to her chest, her left hand around her legs, and her right hand holding her forehead, rhythmically sobbing. Her mouth was open in a lip curl, teeth together, with tears dripping down a single trail on each cheek. She was wearing a beautiful, soft sweater dress that made her look extra cuddly, and I had been fantasizing for weeks about holding her while she cried wearing that dress. But I couldn't do that in public.

Now my brother in law had taken the phone back and was talking loudly while pacing back and forth, and when he turned toward me I was shocked to see tears pouring down his face. Two wet streaks on each cheek. He then stopped and leaned against the wall, looking downward. Tears were rolling down his cheeks and dropping off his upper lip. Every two or three seconds, a tear would fly off of his upper lip and into his shirt, or onto the floor. His voice was incredibly strained. By this point my face was wet again.

Our neighbor stuck his head into the hallway and let us know that he had moved his car. We all quickly went outside and got into the car and went home.

Reflection: Initially I was really uncomfortable about this because we disrupted a fun event with our family drama. Now that I think about it, this wasn’t that bad honestly. Many of the strangers at the party saw tears on the faces of my sister, wife, and myself, and they didn’t really react that much. But my brother in law got a LOT of calls and messages the next day asking what had happened and if he was okay. Maybe everyone was just shocked to see a guy weeping so openly. I know I was shocked. I think he was shedding tears as fast as my wife.

November 16, 2019 4:47 am  #2

Re: Obs at a party (Female and Male)

I hope whatever was being cried about is all better now. That was a fantastic obs btw.

November 16, 2019 7:23 am  #3

Princess_Lucky1731 wrote:

I hope whatever was being cried about is all better now. That was a fantastic obs btw.

I agree. While the obs is amazing, I hope things are OK. Also is your sister a lip curler?

Ugly crying is pretty crying

November 16, 2019 5:36 pm  #4

I can hint what the situation was, seems your wife is quite bonded to your family.

Is it common for you to have your tears wiped with other people presento, I mean your wife wiped your tear while your brother was there, it surprised me that your brother in law also wiped your tears. I assume your wife did not notice it, as she had already had gone to your sister's side. Is this the first time you see your brother in law cry? Had he wiped your tears before?

November 17, 2019 4:39 am  #5

Thanks. Things are mostly OK now.

TorNorth wrote:

Also is your sister a lip curler?

Yes but it's REALLY subtle. Like you can only see her lower lip curling very slightly if you're looking at it from the side, and only when she's sobbing. She also does it when wiping her eyes, but as I recall, we're not counting that as a true lip curl .

Amans lacrimae wrote:

I can hint what the situation was, seems your wife is quite bonded to your family.

Is it common for you to have your tears wiped with other people presento, I mean your wife wiped your tear while your brother was there, it surprised me that your brother in law also wiped your tears. I assume your wife did not notice it, as she had already had gone to your sister's side. Is this the first time you see your brother in law cry? Had he wiped your tears before?

Lol my wife has wiped my tears in airports, train stations, hotel lobbies, restaurants, and in the streets of NYC, so yes it's happened a lot. I like having her hands on my face, so she can do it whenever she wants 

Going back to the obs, if we're being really specific about it, I had one tear running down each cheek when my wife got to me. She wiped the tear from my right cheek only, and the left one went to my chin. As she went into the hallway, I was watching her and my head turned to the left, so as my brother in law walked up to me, he was only seeing the right side of my face. At that moment another tear started falling down my left cheek. While he was reaching toward my face, I turned my head back toward him and the right side of my face brushed against his fingers, and I think that's when he noticed I was crying. He wasn't trying to be comforting, he was just oblivious. I think he was just trying to figure out why my face looked red. If he'd wanted to wipe a tear, there were TWO of them on my left cheek, but he ignored them.

This was the first time I'd seen him cry. My sister's lucky to have married such an unabashedly emotional man. God knows I haven't met many guys like this.

November 17, 2019 4:55 am  #6

truffle wrote:

Lol my wife has wiped my tears in airports, train stations, hotel lobbies, restaurants, and in the streets of NYC, so yes it's happened a lot. I like having her hands on my face, so she can do it whenever she wants 

Going back to the obs, if we're being really specific about it, I had one tear running down each cheek when my wife got to me. She wiped the tear from my right cheek only, and the left one went to my chin. As she went into the hallway, I was watching her and my head turned to the left, so as my brother in law walked up to me, he was only seeing the right side of my face. At that moment another tear started falling down my left cheek. While he was reaching toward my face, I turned my head back toward him and the right side of my face brushed against his fingers, and I think that's when he noticed I was crying. He wasn't trying to be comforting, he was just oblivious. I think he was just trying to figure out why my face looked red. If he'd wanted to wipe a tear, there were TWO of them on my left cheek, but he ignored them.

This was the first time I'd seen him cry. My sister's lucky to have married such an unabashedly emotional man. God knows I haven't met many guys like this.

Wow, now you left me wondering, I have noticed my wife also likes having my hands on her face, considering that, maybe she doesn't mind when I wipe her tears in a public place.

Board footera