You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 25, 2019 6:50 pm  #1

New Obs (bf, m)

Hi all, 

Wow, I feel like I've had a ton of obs since I've been dating my guy, and I suppose it's true! He's so sweet, and I'm coming to see that he's pretty open emotionally, which is PERFECT for me.

I won't go into too many details, but last night we both ended up feeling pretty bad - I did something I felt was thoughtless, and I felt bad and tried to make up for it, which made it worse because it made something that probably wasn't a big deal into a big deal. Anyway, we were in the car and both feeling generally bad, and after maybe 15 minutes of silence, my bf tried to start a discussion about it and I realized he was nearly in tears. I could see that his eyes were wet when we'd pass under the street lights, and he was trying to stealthily wipe his eyes and nose without making it obvious that he was emotional. 

We eventually got to my house, but we only had time to grab what I needed and leave again. We spent a couple of minutes hugging, trying to make each other feel better. While we were hugging and comforting each other, he said something about underlying issue wasn't "his favorite part about himself," and I said that I thought it was a really cool thing about him, and that I loved it about him. At the time, he had mostly calmed down, but he went quiet again and we hugged for another minute or so. When he pulled away, he said he was going to let me finish up and went to turn away and I noticed his eyes were watery and red and he had a single tear on his cheek. He sniffled and wiped his nose, and I hugged and kissed him and then had to actually do what I needed to get done. 

Later in the evening, he said that he really appreciated that I liked that part about him, and I realized that must have been what made him cry that last time. It was so sweet, and I keep thinking about it today at work.

I personally still have not cried in front of him. I felt like crying last night, but it just didn't happen. It could be years and years and years of conditioning myself not to cry - I'm sure something will eventually break there, but even when I'm just feeling sad he's so good at comforting me.

November 26, 2019 3:20 pm  #2

Re: New Obs (bf, m)

Your posts about your boyfriend have been AMAZING. Thank you for these sweet little windows into your relationship.

November 26, 2019 8:25 pm  #3

He is truly the sweetest! 

Unrelated to this obs and more on the sweet side, he went to see Frozen II with his niece yesterday, and said he held back a few tears because he didn't want his sister's husband to see him cry. So cute! I'm making him go back to see it with me! 

November 26, 2019 9:21 pm  #4

Sweet obs, let's see when he goes with you to watch Frozen, I'd be surprised if you end up crying as well.

November 27, 2019 5:52 am  #5

MeAgain wrote:

Unrelated to this obs and more on the sweet side, he went to see Frozen II with his niece yesterday, and said he held back a few tears because he didn't want his sister's husband to see him cry. So cute! I'm making him go back to see it with me! 

That's just about the sweetest thing I've ever heard I hope you do go back and he lets his tears fall free in front of you.

November 29, 2019 11:17 pm  #6

Princess_Lucky1731 wrote:

MeAgain wrote:

That's just about the sweetest thing I've ever heard I hope you do go back and he lets his tears fall free in front of you.

No falling tears, but he did tear up and we talked about it after! I won't post any spoilers, but he teared up at a couple of really happy and sad moments, and I told him that I love that about him. I didn't cry, but again, that's not unusual for me.

November 30, 2019 4:31 am  #7

MeAgain wrote:

Princess_Lucky1731 wrote:

MeAgain wrote:

No falling tears, but he did tear up and we talked about it after! I won't post any spoilers, but he teared up at a couple of really happy and sad moments, and I told him that I love that about him. I didn't cry, but again, that's not unusual for me.

That's still cute; and I'm surprised he can talk about it so openly. You have an amazing guy

Board footera