You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 7, 2020 9:01 pm  #1

Boyfriend cried again last night

I've noticed a recurring theme is that my bf gets stressed/ scared about money, and that's often a source of his tears.

We've been planning to move in together, and yesterday we found a place we like. I went back to work after we looked at the place, and he went home and apparently just got stressed thinking about it all - there are some weird logistics involved, with my lease not being up for a while.

When I showed up at his place later last night, I laid down on the bed and he immediately curled up in front of me so I was spooning him. I could tell he was getting upset, so I held him for a while. He talked to me a bit, and kept bringing his hand up to pinch the bridge of his nose in the corner of his eyes to keep his tears from falling. He took off his glasses and we laid like that for a long time before I sat up and we talked a bit more. He was laying on his back, and as we talked his eyes would well up with tears. He would close his eyes and tense up to keep himself from sobbing, and his tears would seep out from the corners of his closed eyes and I would wipe them away. He has really lovely eyelashes, and his tears stick to them sometimes, especially when he tries to keep himself from crying by closing his eyes.

After a while of talking, he curled into me so that we were both on our sides facing each other, and he buried his head in my chest. He was sobbing quietly, trying to calm down. We stayed like that for a long time, while I rubbed his back and squeezed him once in a while. Eventually he pulled away and we talked a little more - more of the same really, where he'd try to stop his tears unsuccessfully. He eventually got up and wiped his eyes on a throw blanket at the foot of his bed, because he didn't have any tissues. His eyes were red and watery, but also beautifully blue. 

He does this thing that drives me CRAZY and will make eye contact in silence for a really long time while his eyes are all watery and red-rimmed, like all he wants is for me to help him.

Anyway, I'll spare the details, but we ended up having AMAZING sex afterwards. This often happens after he cries, or at the very least we just feel very intimately connected. I'm loving getting to know him more, and seeing how truly unafraid he is to cry in front of me!

January 8, 2020 5:47 am  #2

Re: Boyfriend cried again last night

That was an amazingly beautiful obs. Just wish he didn't try to stop himself from crying. It would make him feel so much better in the long run. And it seems like you are the prefect comforter.

January 8, 2020 2:02 pm  #3

I think money causes such an amount of stress on him because he feels he should be providing for you and seems unable to do so.

Lovely how he tried to keep tears at bay and how you wiped his tears without him flinching or reacting.

Still waiting fornyou to feel confortable enough yo cry in front of him.

Have a great week.

January 8, 2020 5:17 pm  #4

Princess_Lucky1731 wrote:

That was an amazingly beautiful obs. Just wish he didn't try to stop himself from crying. It would make him feel so much better in the long run. And it seems like you are the prefect comforter.

I wish he wouldn't, either! I do love that he tries to restrain them, but I wish he'd give up the fight a little easier, haha. He's cried quite a few times in front of me, but I've never truly heard or seen him lose complete control and sob. This was the closest he's ever been, but he was mostly just taking ragged breaths and breathing out haltingly - he may have sobbed silently very briefly, but it wasn't what I'd expect from sobbing.

Amans lacrimae - I know! I'm waiting for it, too! I was near tears the other night as well, but I think I was so focused on taking care of him that it just didn't happen for me.

I told him last night that I love wiping his tears away, and he really liked that. He smiled the way he does when I tell him something I love about him and looked away slightly embarrassed, but definitely liked it. He told me he likes when I do that too, and when I hold him when he's upset.  

January 9, 2020 2:20 pm  #5

MeAgain wrote:

Amans lacrimae - I know! I'm waiting for it, too! I was near tears the other night as well, but I think I was so focused on taking care of him that it just didn't happen for me.

I told him last night that I love wiping his tears away, and he really liked that. He smiled the way he does when I tell him something I love about him and looked away slightly embarrassed, but definitely liked it. He told me he likes when I do that too, and when I hold him when he's upset.  

Wow, stunning, you told him as is that you love wiping his tears, and he admitted he likes it too! I find him cute when he gets embarrassed. Interesting he wasn't that direct, he admitted liking when you do that, it's kind of hard admitting you like having your tears wiped.

By any chance, do you like having your tears wiped away?

January 9, 2020 2:50 pm  #6

He didn't outright say it - I could just tell by his reaction that he liked it. We were talking and he said how he appreciates that I listen to him and I'm there for him when he's upset, and I just said that I like holding him and I always want to be there for him and I like wiping his tears away. It was really sweet.

I've never had anyone wipe my tears away! I'm pretty sure he would do it, and the idea of that is really nice. I think I would like it! I will definitely report back if/when it does happen!

Board footera