You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 12, 2020 9:46 pm  #671

Re: Crying Scenes Directory

truffle wrote:

Just finished the first episode of Mr Sunshine on Netflix. Stunning lip-curling scene at around 16 minutes in, from the actress who plays Yu-Jin's mother. Beautiful tears too. This is really promising.

Literally the only scene I watched from that show

Ugly crying is pretty crying

April 19, 2020 6:33 pm  #672

There is SO MUCH crying in Hereditary, y'all! Toni Colette is of course a tour de force--I swear she cries in like every other scene.
Alex Wolff also cries way more than I remembered. I mostly remembered the car scene where he sits, in shock, his eyes slowly filling with tears, one spilling down his face. (33:33, starting after the accident). He also does several other scenes in which he gasps and cries, usually in the unguarded, undignified way that children cry. Many people make fun of the way he cries. They say he sounds fake. I think they're not used to seeing unrestrained crying like a panicked child, and it makes them uncomfortable. Hell, sometimes it makes me a little uncomfortable, but I credit the actor instead of attempting to cover my discomfort by making fun.
Timestamps for male crying (all Alex Wolff unless specified):
33:33
42:20
1:11:35
1:17:50-1:19:00
1:27:55
1:39:37 (Gabriel Byrne)
1:51:20-1:53:40 (there's a burnt body present)

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (April 19, 2020 6:34 pm)

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

April 20, 2020 7:06 pm  #673

PhoebeOnThePhone - is there a link to the movie someplace? I cannot find it. I love that type of raw, unadulterated crying from men! Toni is brilliant, but I have to see Alex and Gabriel. If you can point me in the right direction, that'd be awesome! Thanks!

April 22, 2020 12:13 am  #674

Oh yeah--it's free on Amazon Prime.
Gabriel's moment is quick and quiet and sweet.

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (April 22, 2020 12:15 am)

April 27, 2020 3:57 am  #675

Jacob's Ladder (2019) has several crying moments from Michael Ealy, Jesse Williams, and Nicole Beharie. They're fairly understated. There's one with tears from Michael and Nicole around 1:10:00, and one with Jesse Williams around 1:22:15 (warning: its a bit gruesome). It's on Netflix, and I'm posting an image in the Images board.

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (April 27, 2020 3:59 am)

May 5, 2020 6:23 am  #676

So um, The Lighthouse has multiple crying moments from Robert Pattinson. I"m posting the one in which he gets a dressing down from Willem Dafoe around 1:32:00. His eyes are full of tears and one is shown falling.

The other one... has crying sounds, but I can't post it because he's kind of mostly naked because it's at the end of a weird 'self-pleasure' scene. Ahem. It's a weird movie but damn high quality.

May 6, 2020 2:31 pm  #677

The Netflix Serie HOLLYWOOD has a lot of crying scene (all of Ryan Murphy Series have al lot of male crying, I think). I am afraid, I don't have the time for the time codes, sorry...

May 21, 2020 11:20 pm  #678

Jesse Eisenberg has a crying close up in Resistence towards the end of the movie. Not many tears are shown but he makes some cute crying sounds while he breaks down..

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

May 23, 2020 6:10 am  #679

Cute crying sounds can sometimes be even better than visible tears!

May 23, 2020 2:33 pm  #680

abcd1234 wrote:

The Netflix Serie HOLLYWOOD has a lot of crying scene (all of Ryan Murphy Series have al lot of male crying, I think). I am afraid, I don't have the time for the time codes, sorry...

David Corenswet has some awesome scenes which play to some of my favorites. He has a scene where he is acting where he just is crying and isnt supposed to be but is so caught up in his own emotions he can’t help it. Also a second scene where he has called a female friend to sit and talk with him where he says that he knew he called the right person because he didn’t want to cry in front of the guys...ugh a girl could dream

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

Board footera