You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 29, 2020 10:41 pm  #1

Colin Firth, Genius

Shedding a few quiet British tears upon reading the last letter of a dear friend. He's another one of those few people who make the 'silent tears' thing moving instead of looking fake.
[url]​https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rHXfGBPMUieNjnPfZkzq9P9-Cc9_ipsz/view?usp=sharing[/url]

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (May 31, 2020 7:25 am)

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

May 30, 2020 2:58 pm  #2

Re: Colin Firth, Genius

It's funny, I once read an interview with him where he said he does so much crying for his work that he very rarely cries in real life.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

May 30, 2020 11:25 pm  #3

Go figure. Guess he's getting the emotional catharsis he needs. I bet he cries lots when watching the beginning of Up like 99% of adults do, though. (I have not; I tend not to cry at cryfest media, but I haven't seen Up for a few years, and in the interim I've had a death in the family that's left me crying at the most random things, and most music, so I might if I watched it again.)

Does he really cry that often in his work? I can think of three scenes he's done, but I can think of like four other actors who I can name like five different crying scenes each of them have done off the top of my head. Maybe I'm just missing most of Colin's?

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (May 30, 2020 11:50 pm)

June 1, 2020 3:16 pm  #4

He seems fairly prolific as far as crying scenes, at least to me.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

June 9, 2020 1:50 am  #5

I'm aware of this scene, The King's Speech, and A Single Man. If you know of others, I'd be glad to be pointed in their direction.

June 9, 2020 6:38 am  #6

There's a scene in which he cries at the end of the movie "And When Did You Last See Your Father?"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XH88N3nR4s0

Edit: I found a clip on YouTube. It's not the best quality but it's all I could find. The title is in Spanish but the audio is in English.

And I believe there's also a scene of him crying in the movie Trauma. 

I heard him say in an interview once that in the movie Genova, they'd cut a scene in which he was crying on his bed because they didn't feel it would add much to the story. Which is a bit of a bummer, because the movie really calls for such a crying scene. But that's just my opinion.  I'm really curious to find out what that scene exactly looked like.

Last edited by Myfanwy (June 9, 2020 8:47 pm)

Happiness can be found,  even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

June 9, 2020 11:22 pm  #7

Oh that's beautiful! So sweet and sad, standing all by himself quietly sobbing.
Any idea when that scene in Trauma happens or what's happening?
I am rather incensed at the thought of CUTTING a crying scene. Blasphemy!

June 10, 2020 8:18 am  #8

I'm not quite certain, but I believe it was during some sort of therapy session in which he relived it all.

I'll see if I still have the DVD, in that case I'll be able to give a better answer. Can't promise anything though. I tried to search online for a clip but I haven't been able to find one.

I agree with you on cutting such a scene. I have the movie on DVD but it's not included in any of the extra features. Such a shame!

Happiness can be found,  even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

June 10, 2020 10:50 pm  #9

Thanks!

January 6, 2021 3:27 am  #10

Myfanwy wrote:

There's a scene in which he cries at the end of the movie "And When Did You Last See Your Father?"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XH88N3nR4s0

Edit: I found a clip on YouTube. It's not the best quality but it's all I could find. The title is in Spanish but the audio is in English.

I found the whole movie here, the scene is a bit clearer and it starts at 1:22:00 ( the actor who plays his dad has also visible tears in his eyes. Colin Firth's sobbing though ...is simply amazing !

https://primewire.link/movie/and-when-did-you-last-see-your-father/sxswhpmq/0memwnC6-watch-online-for-free.html

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

Board footera