You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 10, 2020 5:55 am  #701

Re: Crying Scenes Directory

Sex Lies & Videotape is unfortunately not available on American Netflix.

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (June 10, 2020 5:58 am)

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

June 10, 2020 4:55 pm  #702

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

Sex Lies & Videotape is unfortunately not available on American Netflix.

The scene is also on yourube but it's poor quality. Can you find some other site ?

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

June 10, 2020 5:05 pm  #703

caircair wrote:

Hugh Grant is one. I've been looking for a really good crying scene from him for ages, with no luck. He did film one for Florence Foster Jenkins, but it was cut out of the movie and the DVD didn't include it in the additional scenes. 

He tears up in Nine months when he sees the baby's ecography, it's somewhere at 58:00 in the film and the scene is brief but tears are visible in his eyes. He also tears up in Extreme Measures after he is told he was paralyzed. ( at 1.25)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

June 10, 2020 6:05 pm  #704

psychic_girl wrote:

caircair wrote:

Hugh Grant is one. I've been looking for a really good crying scene from him for ages, with no luck. He did film one for Florence Foster Jenkins, but it was cut out of the movie and the DVD didn't include it in the additional scenes. 

He tears up in Nine months when he sees the baby's ecography, it's somewhere at 58:00 in the film and the scene is brief but tears are visible in his eyes. He also tears up in Extreme Measures after he is told he was paralyzed. ( at 1.25)

I vaguely remember a crying scene from Hugh Grant in the movie MAURICE; he has kind of a nervous breakdown in bed,  but I watched it 25 years ago :-)

June 24, 2020 1:26 am  #705

The amazon Prime movie 7500 has a really nice stretch of crying and thinly controlled emotion by Joseph Gordon Lovett.

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

June 24, 2020 4:59 am  #706

Ooh, about where in the movie does that happen, yellowrose?

June 28, 2020 12:05 am  #707

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

Michiel Huisman's character was kiiiiind of an uncaring person, so I can see him not crying. (Though that just means I want him to cry all the more.) I would have expected crying from Henry Thomas and what's-his-name who played the addict brother.

The actor who plays Luke does cry towards the end of episode 4 in season 1. There's this sad scene where his brother tells him about his twin sister suicide and his eyes are filled with tears which stram down later on. He also tears up before when he tells his recovery story at the rehab meeting. It's a decent scene for a start

Woody Harrelson

June 28, 2020 8:20 pm  #708

Ah yes I can totally envision that happening, probably because I vaguely remember that.

July 1, 2020 12:15 am  #709

About "7500": Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays a pilot experiencing a hijacking and does a good bit of crying at various points throughout the movie.  Terrific performance and film. 

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

July 1, 2020 7:44 am  #710

Squonk, that sounds fantastic.

Board footera