You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 23, 2020 8:16 pm  #11

Re: Has anyone else read a book that made them ugly-cry? If so, what book?

A lot of books have made me tear up or sob briefly. I don't know if I've ever sobbed with that intensity, but probably. I read a lot, so I'm sure something has made me cry more than just a couple tears; I just can't think of what right now. We're currently trying for our first child, so anything about children or babies makes us both emotional.

There was a book recently that made my husband cry; I can't remember what it was right now. He finished it at home while I was out at the store, and he texted me that he couldn't read the last few pages because his eyes were so blurred with tears. He then expressed disappointment that he hadn't waited until I got home to finish it, and that he would have if he'd guessed that he would cry.

June 25, 2020 12:44 am  #12

Re: Has anyone else read a book that made them ugly-cry? If so, what book?

carrotcake wrote:

A lot of books have made me tear up or sob briefly. I don't know if I've ever sobbed with that intensity, but probably. I read a lot, so I'm sure something has made me cry more than just a couple tears; I just can't think of what right now. We're currently trying for our first child, so anything about children or babies makes us both emotional.

There was a book recently that made my husband cry; I can't remember what it was right now. He finished it at home while I was out at the store, and he texted me that he couldn't read the last few pages because his eyes were so blurred with tears. He then expressed disappointment that he hadn't waited until I got home to finish it, and that he would have if he'd guessed that he would cry.

That's sweet that he was thinking of you. I bet you would have loved for him to wait, if he thought of it before hand.

Board footera