You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 12, 2020 3:38 am  #711

Re: Crying Scenes Directory

Speaking of Haunting of Hill House though, there's female crying. Kate Seigel has an impressive scream-sobbing scene near the end of ep 3, around the 45 minute mark. She cries again about five minutes later talking to her hookup.

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (July 12, 2020 3:44 am)

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

July 15, 2020 5:14 am  #712

Season 4 Episode 1 of Riverdale has a ton of crying scenes by Archie including a sweet albeit short and dark sobbing scene at the end of the episode. He’s essentially in some form of tears pretty much the entire episode. Worth a watch for sure!

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

July 15, 2020 5:36 am  #713

Not a crying scene per se, but in ep 5-6 of Good Omens, David Tennant as demon Crowley says 'I lost my best friend' and his voice shakes just a little bit and his face looks just a little bit anguished.

And now that I know what an incredibly talented actor (and crier) Michael Sheen is, I really really want to see him as Aziraphale crying. 

July 22, 2020 12:43 am  #714

Tom Payne cries a little at the climax of Prodigal Son's pilot episode, his eyes fill with tears at about the 11 minute mark in episode 4, and they spill down his face in beautiful closeup in the last five minutes of the episode. The premise is that his father is a serial killer (played by Michael Sheen, doing fantastic serial-killer eyes) in prison, with whom he has a kind of Clarice/Hannibal relationship. I suspect these won't be the only times Tom gets teary. 

I'm also crossing my fingers for Michael to eventually cry. Genuine tears or manipulative ones, I don't care, as long as he makes it believable. Given Michael's talent, I'm sure he can do it.

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (July 22, 2020 4:10 am)

July 22, 2020 4:40 am  #715

Phoebe - I posted this on a Michael Sheen discussion regarding his crying in Beautiful Boy. If you want to see him cry..."Yes! He absolutely cries in Beautiful Boy. Definitely worth it. His wife finds him in a motel, and he cries into her shoulder, then she gets him up to leave and he sobs into her shoulder there. Then as they are walking out, she supports him and he sobs audibly as they walk to the door. Amazing scene. There are a lot of good scenes in there...and definitely a lot of crying from the wife, but when he finally breaks down, it is heartbreaking! They took it off of YouTube and I had PAID for it - so I cannot find it. If you can, please post it for me! Thanks. Happy hunting." Hope that helps. I will also try to find ANOTHER movie he did where he has Tourette's, and there is a sweet quick crying scene with the woman who played Moaning Myrtle in Harry Potter.  

July 22, 2020 7:26 pm  #716

Oh and in episode 6 around the 28 minute mark, Michael Sheen's breath hitches a little as he's talking to his daughter. Yay!

July 22, 2020 7:27 pm  #717

missyjdma wrote:

Phoebe - I posted this on a Michael Sheen discussion regarding his crying in Beautiful Boy. If you want to see him cry..."Yes! He absolutely cries in Beautiful Boy. Definitely worth it. His wife finds him in a motel, and he cries into her shoulder, then she gets him up to leave and he sobs into her shoulder there. Then as they are walking out, she supports him and he sobs audibly as they walk to the door. Amazing scene. There are a lot of good scenes in there...and definitely a lot of crying from the wife, but when he finally breaks down, it is heartbreaking! They took it off of YouTube and I had PAID for it - so I cannot find it. If you can, please post it for me! Thanks. Happy hunting." Hope that helps. I will also try to find ANOTHER movie he did where he has Tourette's, and there is a sweet quick crying scene with the woman who played Moaning Myrtle in Harry Potter.  

Thank you! I will see what I can find. 

July 22, 2020 7:56 pm  #718

It's available to rent on Amazon Prime for $2-3

July 28, 2020 12:18 am  #719

Bill Pullman has a very  nice sobbing  scene at the end of episode 8 ( season 3, Jamie ) in The Sinner while being comforted. He s also tearing up at 28:00 minutes into the episode while he s talking to Matt Bomer.
Matt Bomer also sheds a lot of tears in the first episode at around 20:22 minutes trying to seem as if he lost his mind. He wipes his nose on the back of his t shirt at some point. The series are on Netflix

I found an article where Bill Pullman is explaining the character's reasons for breaking down like that

https://za.opera.news/za/en/entertainment/2e1f18a179e49e1cdc384306645d8d44?news_entry_id=72a442c6200703en_za

Last edited by psychic_girl (August 15, 2020 6:02 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

July 30, 2020 7:44 pm  #720

*season 3
I'll have to check that out. I watched season 1 with Jessica Biel, and that was interesting in a quiet way.

Board footera