You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 15, 2020 5:30 am  #1

Sad tears and angry tears from soft-lipped Brit James Norton

He seems to do lowkey British productions, and he's quite pretty.
Here he is in 'Grantchester' as a priest having Feelings about his first love, love he's not allowed to have as a priest. This scene is after he performs a marriage ceremony for another couple.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DQTaxUW6-APUHDQxQ7nCc0R8ezYgEeZ8/view?usp=sharing

In this scene from 'Happy Valley' he's angry about his life being ruined by a certain person. Not sure exactly what's going on but he appears to have been institutionalized. He's comforted a bit by Moaning Myrtle.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x7h-qHkJsu0i9-DyUxkG9AJ9IkyFX-iS/view?usp=sharing

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

July 15, 2020 5:17 pm  #2

Re: Sad tears and angry tears from soft-lipped Brit James Norton

A few thoughts:
1. RE: Happy Valley - based on the people in the scene, i'd say it looks more like he's in prison. 
2. The British/Irish/Scots/Australians are such lovely criers - I'd say much better than Americans.
3. Bit o' Trivia: The actress who played Moaning Myrtle was in her 30's when her scenes in the Harry Potter movies were filmed. 

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

July 15, 2020 11:30 pm  #3

3. She's some kind of immortal in that her age seems to have ceased, and also is irrelevant. Between her delightful strangeness and the ghost special effects, she totally worked as Moaning Myrtle.
1. Agreed. I wasn't sure because I've never heard of maroon prison outfits, but the scene makes sense if the institution he's in is jail.
2. Thinking back on our favorite and often most prolific male criers, most of them do seem to be European, with an Aussie here and there. (Mostly Hugh Jackman so far. Most of his crying seems to be confined to The Fountain, but oh what a scene it was.)

July 16, 2020 8:53 pm  #4

I LOVE James Norton! His 3 seasons on Grantchester were so great!  He had at least three great crying scenes in the show and I swooned through each one of them.  For some reason though the scene from Happy Valley does not do anything for me at all. In fact, he makes me uncomfortable to the point that I didn’t want to even finish watching it. Strange how the same person could produce two completely different reactions

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

July 16, 2020 9:33 pm  #5

Apparently this scene is from The Trial of Christine Keeler where he plays Stephen Ward. I don’t think he is a very savory character but this scene is so hot!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7907279/amp/James-Norton-James-Bond-backed-fans-tearful-Trial-Christine-Keeler-performance.html

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

July 18, 2020 4:57 am  #6

yellowrose wrote:

I LOVE James Norton! His 3 seasons on Grantchester were so great! He had at least three great crying scenes in the show and I swooned through each one of them. For some reason though the scene from Happy Valley does not do anything for me at all. In fact, he makes me uncomfortable to the point that I didn’t want to even finish watching it. Strange how the same person could produce two completely different reactions

I like the Grantchester scene better too, even though Happy Valley's is longer. I think it's because in HV he's angry?

Oh could you point me toward his other Grantchester crying scenes?

February 23, 2023 2:44 am  #7

yellowrose wrote:

Apparently this scene is from The Trial of Christine Keeler where he plays Stephen Ward. I don’t think he is a very savory character but this scene is so hot!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7907279/amp/James-Norton-James-Bond-backed-fans-tearful-Trial-Christine-Keeler-performance.html

That's a really beautiful scene. So sad! The poor guy needs a hug. Well, a lot more than a hug, but starting with one.

Board footera