You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 6, 2020 1:02 am  #1

Perfect Strangers - Balki's unusual crying scene

Even if this is a comedy, this part is amazingly displayed by Bronson Pinchot. He's shedding quite a few tears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrQ3tvyebYA

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

August 6, 2020 1:14 am  #2

Re: Perfect Strangers - Balki's unusual crying scene

I remember reading an article that said Mark Linn Baker's father had died right before they filmed this episode. Bronson Pinchot wasn't acting - he was genuinely upset for Mark.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

August 6, 2020 1:40 am  #3

caircair wrote:

I remember reading an article that said Mark Linn Baker's father had died right before they filmed this episode. Bronson Pinchot wasn't acting - he was genuinely upset for Mark.

Yet Mark Linn Baker didn't shed any tears.

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

August 6, 2020 3:32 am  #4

Because his character wasn't supposed to - he "stiff upper lipped" his way through the scene. I suspect any emotion he displayed was off camera. But I remember reading that Bronson Pinchot said he could see the pain in Mark's eyes and that was what set him off.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

August 6, 2020 11:07 am  #5

caircair wrote:

Because his character wasn't supposed to - he "stiff upper lipped" his way through the scene. I suspect any emotion he displayed was off camera. But I remember reading that Bronson Pinchot said he could see the pain in Mark's eyes and that was what set him off.

This thing reminds me of another interview in the 89's with Bronson Pinchot during which he states he's very sensitive and empathic so it's easy to him to start crying on the spot. The interview is still on youtube, i've checked it up, it's called Bronson Pinchot on Public People, Private Lives part 2, or 1 ( not sure). He also tears up in Langoliers a few times and goes hysterical in this one while his character is abused by his father :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ryyo6Jh3B8&t=1s

Last edited by psychic_girl (August 6, 2020 11:09 am)

Woody Harrelson

Board footera