You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 14, 2020 11:01 pm  #1

Family mini obs

Today was the 1 year anniversary of my cousin's death. We had a zoom meeting to speak in his memory so there were quite a lot of tears.

Among the males it was only the boomer generation that cried. But among the females there were tears from four of my cousins, who are all quite pretty women. I could not actually see the tears over the video quality, and they kept wiping their eyes with tissues. All four spoke until their voices began to break, but kept talking. One had a trembling chin at one point. I know at least two of them are lip curlers, but they stayed composed.

My cousin's widow started to speak but then broke down into her MIL's chest. I couldn't bare to look at her so no observations.

My wife broke into tears a few times, and started wiping her face with tissues. At one point she turned to me and I saw two tears running from her right eye.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

August 15, 2020 12:26 am  #2

Re: Family mini obs

I hate being in situations like these, I find it essential being there to hold their trembling bodies and wipe their tears.

August 15, 2020 1:23 am  #3

Oof that's heavy. Must have been hard for everyone but I admire that you decided to have something like this.

August 15, 2020 4:26 am  #4

Agh, this one hurts! I have no idea how I would've handled this! This sounds like a lot of the criers really hit some of my major focal points, and that might've made it hard to concentrate on what I was really there for.

Board footera