You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 28, 2020 3:40 am  #1

Jude Law (Two) Intense Sobbing Scenes: "The Third Day"

The first five minutes of the first episode of "The Third Day" gives us this wonderfully intense sobbing scene from Jude Law (tears and sobbing):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-FQwxd8IeXW0V556K2zKzSZbrl6QaRQt/view?usp=sharing

(See my later post for the second scene.)

Last edited by Squonk (October 2, 2020 2:43 am)

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

September 28, 2020 6:15 am  #2

Re: Jude Law (Two) Intense Sobbing Scenes: "The Third Day"

Oh my gosh, Squonk! Jude is wonderful in this. I am not sure what it is about, but the redness of his face, his eyes, the tears dripping down his nose and cheeks - that is fantastic. I love sound, however, more than the visual, so hearing his sobs was heartbreaking, yet quite exhilarating to me. The only thing I HATED was the fact that there was music over the scene - whether it was supposed to be a flashback or not. It still detracts from the crying and makes it hard to hear him sobbing over it. I wish the director would have had the music in the background, lower. It would have been the perfect scene then! Overall, however, I still enjoyed it! Thanks for posting this! 

September 28, 2020 7:18 pm  #3

Oh. Oh wow. That was absolutely beautiful. While I could have done without the music, I think there was a good balance between the music and his sobs, and I super appreciated how the sobbing sounds, even when his face isn't easily seen, were included.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

September 29, 2020 10:54 am  #4

I love this scene, the crying is so raw and powerful ! too bad the scene is too short. I would have loved to see him stand there by the riverside and watch the crying build up up to the point he'll break down and sob like that. An after crying close up would have worked like that too.

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

September 29, 2020 5:12 pm  #5

FYI, in the scene he was mourning his dead son. (Not exactly a spoiler. It's revealed pretty quickly.)

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

September 30, 2020 1:54 am  #6

I'm not surprised. Watching that scene, I feel what I don't usually feel in crying scenes, which is a sense of 'I've been there'. My sister died in March and I cry like he does here.

September 30, 2020 2:06 am  #7

psychic_girl wrote:

I love this scene, the crying is so raw and powerful ! too bad the scene is too short. I would have loved to see him stand there by the riverside and watch the crying build up up to the point he'll break down and sob like that. An after crying close up would have worked like that too.

See, I feel like this was a beautifully long scene.

October 2, 2020 2:41 am  #8

Ooh, there's more.  Jude Law really got put through the wringer in this one. 
End of episode 3 and this one has definite spoilers.  
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YWu8pTD8T3Pq8vdXU3zYkA0Uhrrj9uRo/view?usp=sharing

October 4, 2020 10:43 pm  #9

His eyes look amazing in this one !!! i love this scene much more then the one in which he s sobbing, the music is better chosen as well.

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

October 6, 2020 2:41 pm  #10

Wow!  Thanks so much for this!  Gonna have to watch The Third Day!  I absolutely love Jude Law and I think he is quickly becoming my favorite crier. Every scene I see with him is so raw, real and intense to the point where it is almost uncomfortable to watch, but I love the extremes of emotion he is able to produce! Makes me wonder about the pain he's experienced in his life to be able to produce such intense crying scenes. Btw,  I love love love his sobs in the first video!  So real. I agree, the music is somewhat jarring, but I think if there wasn't anything, his crying would be super uncomfortable to watch and listen to. Ugh, can't wait to watch the rest of this!  Great find!  I have been waiting for more things from him ever since the Young Pope. 

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

Board footera