You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 14, 2020 2:15 am  #1

Unexpected lip curl and self obs (F)

A couple of SFW obs from the last few months:

1. There was a couple of kids who live in our neighborhood who had a bad habit of catcalling women who walk by their home. They did it to my wife and me several times while we were out running. We ended up adjusting our route, and we started running earlier in the morning in order to avoid their vulgar sexual nonsense. Apparently someone (probably one of their victims) told their parents about this, and it turns out that their father works at the same organization as I do. Their mother was embarrassed about this and one evening, as my wife was picking me up from work, their mother caught up with us to apologize. She’s in her early 40’s, Middle-Eastern, tall and slim.

Obs: She jogged at us right as I was putting my bags in the trunk of the car. She was wearing a pink mask covering her nose and mouth but her brown eyes were red and already full of tears by the time I made eye contact with her. She stopped really close to me, and then backed away and introduced herself and started talking. The moment she stopped running, tears dropped out of her eyes and fell forward from the momentum, missing her cheeks. While she talked, a total of two tears fell from her eyes and soaked into her mask. I also started seeing a damp spot showing up where the tip of her nose was touching the mask. Her crying intensified, her voice caught, and she frustratedly ripped the mask from her face, folded it and and USED IT TO WIPE HER EYES directly. As she was wiping her eyes, her small full lips smoothly bloomed into a lip curl, and she maintained the lip curl while she was listening to me and my wife trying to calm her down. Because she’d taken her mask off, I didn’t feel comfortable getting close enough to wipe any of the beautiful tears cascading down her cheeks, but I did count six down each cheek. This was one of the angriest lip curls I’ve ever seen, as she was grinding and clenching her teeth while lip curling, with interspersed snorting sobs bursting out of her chest. Slowly the crying was replaced with just pure anger, the tears stopped, the lip curl disappeared into a pursed-lip frustrated expression, and she slowly calmed down over the course of a 10 minute conversation. She wiped all the tears away with the mask. I wonder if there’s a group of people who only lip curl when angry? Tornorth?

2. The next one happened at a friend’s home. This is the same gentleman whose daughter made him and my wife cry in this obs: https://cryinglovers.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=13748#p13748
He’d invited me to dinner to thank me for tutoring his kids during quarantine, and this was the first time in 5 months that I was able to see one of my friends in person. Dinner was wonderful. I got to bond with his kids and heard so many hilarious stories from him about my mom when she was a kid. You guys have no idea how much I needed this.

Obs: As the night drew to a close, I was facing away from him as he was helping me put on my coat, and I got suddenly emotional. It had taken so much care and effort to arrange this simple visit and it was already over. I suppressed a sob against a closed glottis, lips shaking, and the tears rushed to my eyes and I felt one run down each cheek while I was turned away from him. When I turned back to face him I saw his eyes darting between the tears at my left and right chin, before making eye contact with me and stopping mid-sentence for a couple of seconds to try to figure out if he’d upset me. I tried to smile, failed, resigned myself to a cryface, and just told him how lonely I’d been and how much I’d enjoyed the last few hours and how I didn’t want to wait another half a year to see him again. It was pathetic. I was so fucking sad. By this time there were definitely more tears on my face, don’t remember how many trails, but I started to feel them dropping off my chin and rolling down my neck, so I instinctively wiped them off my chin and neck with the back of my hand. This is when I started hoping he’d think to wipe my tears. He still didn’t look comfortable, as if he was still figuring out what to do with me. He’d turned away and picked up a stack of items he was planning to carry to my car, but when he looked at my face again I think this is when he realized I was not about to stop crying, so he put the stuff back on the table. I saw from his body language that he was going in for a hug, and he was wearing a white shirt, and I wasn’t sure if my mascara was running or not so I quickly wiped the tears from my right cheek before he pulled me in.

The tight, warm hug lasted for about 10 seconds, and he rubbed my back and said a bunch of sweet words of gratitude that were NOT helping me stop crying. I glanced at my finger and was relieved to see my tears were still clear, and another couple ran down both of my cheeks. As we pulled away, he put his hand on the back of my head, gave me a kiss on my right temple, then pulled away, held me firmly by the shoulders and reassured me that we weren’t going to lose touch. He then let go, and we talked a bit more, and I shed maybe three more tears down each cheek, which he ignored. I finally got a grip, and we walked to my car and he put the stack of items in the back seat. At this point I realized he probably wasn’t going to wipe my tears, and the drying tears didn’t feel great so I wiped them myself. We said our goodbyes and I drove home.

A few things stood out compared to my last obs with him. The hug this time was much warmer and closer, and the kiss was firm and confident, and not an annoying “air kiss” like he gave me and my wife last time. Obviously I wish he would have wiped my tears, and I would have preferred a kiss on the cheek, but we can’t have everything we want. I keep wondering if there was anything I could have done to entice him to wipe my tears, without coming across as too flirty or inappropriate, but I can’t think of anything.

October 14, 2020 2:39 pm  #2

Re: Unexpected lip curl and self obs (F)

truffle wrote:

1. As she was wiping her eyes, her small full lips smoothly bloomed into a lip curl, and she maintained the lip curl while she was listening to me and my wife trying to calm her down. Because she’d taken her mask off, I didn’t feel comfortable getting close enough to wipe any of the beautiful tears cascading down her cheeks, but I did count six down each cheek.

2. The next one happened at a friend’s home. This is the same gentleman whose daughter made him and my wife cry in this obs: https://cryinglovers.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=13748#p13748

When I turned back to face him I saw his eyes darting between the tears at my left and right chin, before making eye contact with me and stopping mid-sentence for a couple of seconds to try to figure out if he’d upset me. I tried to smile, failed, resigned myself to a cryface, and just told him how lonely I’d been and how much I’d enjoyed the last few hours and how I didn’t want to wait another half a year to see him again. It was pathetic. I was so fucking sad. By this time there were definitely more tears on my face, don’t remember how many trails, but I started to feel them dropping off my chin and rolling down my neck, so I instinctively wiped them off my chin and neck with the back of my hand. This is when I started hoping he’d think to wipe my tears. He still didn’t look comfortable, as if he was still figuring out what to do with me. He’d turned away and picked up a stack of items he was planning to carry to my car, but when he looked at my face again I think this is when he realized I was not about to stop crying, so he put the stuff back on the table. I saw from his body language that he was going in for a hug, and he was wearing a white shirt, and I wasn’t sure if my mascara was running or not so I quickly wiped the tears from my right cheek before he pulled me in.

The tight, warm hug lasted for about 10 seconds, and he rubbed my back and said a bunch of sweet words of gratitude that were NOT helping me stop crying. I glanced at my finger and was relieved to see my tears were still clear, and another couple ran down both of my cheeks. As we pulled away, he put his hand on the back of my head, gave me a kiss on my right temple, then pulled away, held me firmly by the shoulders and reassured me that we weren’t going to lose touch. He then let go, and we talked a bit more, and I shed maybe three more tears down each cheek, which he ignored. I finally got a grip, and we walked to my car and he put the stack of items in the back seat. At this point I realized he probably wasn’t going to wipe my tears, and the drying tears didn’t feel great so I wiped them myself. We said our goodbyes and I drove home.

A few things stood out compared to my last obs with him. The hug this time was much warmer and closer, and the kiss was firm and confident, and not an annoying “air kiss” like he gave me and my wife last time. Obviously I wish he would have wiped my tears, and I would have preferred a kiss on the cheek, but we can’t have everything we want. I keep wondering if there was anything I could have done to entice him to wipe my tears, without coming across as too flirty or inappropriate, but I can’t think of anything.

On the first obs, I loved the fact that she allowed her tears to fall unchecked for a while, afterwards revealing a nice lip curl. I would have definitely, keeping certain distance, have reached over to wipe her "beautiful tears cascading down her cheeks".

On the second one, I noticed he thought on wiping your tears, but I guess he found it too invasive, the hint he gave was that he followed your tears before looking in your eyes. I guess you didn't hint you wanted your tears wiped, allow me to give you the same advice I gave to Andjyx (which worked, by the way), she found herself in a similar situation, where the guy she wanted to wipe her tears didn't respond that way, next time she cried in front of him (I advised her to do the following) she took his hand and wiped her tears with his hand in hers, he got the hint and continued wiping her tears and she says it's one of the best decisions she has ever made. There were two moments where you could have made a move without being flirty, the first, when he hugged you, you could have discreetly rubbed your cheek against his, allowing him to feel your tears, that could have been the push he needed to wipe your tears, the second was when he held you by your shoulders, the moment he released, you could have taken his hand and wipe your tears with his hand, that would more than probably have him continue wiping your tears.
Hope this helps for next time you cry in front of him. 

I find it strange he didn't feel comfortable wiping your tears, especially since you already wiped his.

October 14, 2020 10:40 pm  #3

@ Dacryphiliacman
Thank you for reading! Roughly 4-5 drops off my chin which fell on the front of my top, and once when I had my arms crossed in front of me, one dropped off my left cheek onto my left forearm and rolled a little. I don't think any fell on the floor.

@ Amans

Thank you for the advice. I'll try to use it not just with him, but maybe with others too.

October 15, 2020 8:39 pm  #4

Ngl, the second one made me slightly envious. I think I'd be hard pressed not to wipe your tears and hug you tighter in that instance.

"Bless me now with your fierce tears..."

October 22, 2020 7:58 am  #5

Late to this thread, but no I'm not aware of an angry lip curl to my experience.I would think that an angry expression would inhibit the lip curl, but who knows...

Ugly crying is pretty crying

Board footera