You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 24, 2020 5:19 pm  #1

Oliver Jackson-Cohen in Haunting of Hill House

Ok so I complained earlier about none of the men crying in HoHH. I was wrong. There may not be any proper scenes like there should be (considering the show kinda revolves around a death in the family) but there is this lovely moment in ep 4, as his character is wandering the streets cold, alone, in withdrawal, and literally haunted by a specter of a man in a bowler hat silently following him.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

August 26, 2020 10:51 am  #2

Re: Oliver Jackson-Cohen in Haunting of Hill House

I remember this scene, very subtle take on that tear falling. He cries quite consistently all through the film if you think about it but then again no specific crying scene is filmed so it can stand out more.

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

August 27, 2020 10:56 pm  #3

He also cries in the last episode in the Red Room scene when he is talking to his mum. Timothy Hutton also cries in the last scene when his character makes the promise of never telling the truth about the house. His beautiful blue eyes well swiftly with tears and some of them stream down his face.

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

August 28, 2020 3:26 pm  #4

Wow psychic, clearly I wasn't watching closely enough! I bitched quite a bit about the lack of male crying in this series.

October 21, 2020 11:01 pm  #5

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

Wow psychic, clearly I wasn't watching closely enough! I bitched quite a bit about the lack of male crying in this series.

I can only agree that there should have been more. Michiel Huisman doesn't have any crying scene in particular,he only gets teary now and then and the rest of the actors aren't living up to their true crying potential, so to say.
I honestly expected less after reading your comment on the lack of crying, so i watched very attentively to notice if there are some scenes though .

Last edited by psychic_girl (October 21, 2020 11:02 pm)

Woody Harrelson

November 10, 2020 11:32 pm  #6

Oh yes that was a lovely scene.

Board footera