You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 26, 2020 10:57 am  #731

Re: Crying Scenes Directory

missyjdma wrote:

Hi all...Hey, PhoebeonthePhone...I tried to find the scenes in "The Sinner" and Netflix has it - but only two seasons; Julian and Cora. I scoured both seasons for those scenes with no luck. Has Netflix not gotten season three yet? Or is there someplace else I can find scenes? Do you have them? Let me know! BTW - if you get a chance, I strongly suggest everyone watch The Umbrella Academy. LOTS of tears, male and female...my favorite is episode five of season one. Klaus (The Seance/Number Four) has just lost his lover in Vietnam when he is zapped back to present time - and he is a MESS. Robert Sheehan honestly is a phenomenal actor - and those Irish Baby Blues witth tears swimming in them are HOT! I'll try to see if I can locate the scene, but I do know for sure it is on Netflix! Enjoy! ;)

I saw the scene in the last episode of the third season, the one called Jamie ( it's in the last minutes of the episode). I saw it on netflix as well 2 months ago. It s strange you say it isn t there anymore..

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

September 20, 2020 12:58 am  #732

There are a few brief crying scenes from Bill Skarsgard And Tom Holland in The Devil All the Time. Bill Skarsgard makes some nice crying sounds at some point when the character's wife is dying. His beautiful green eyes are also shown in close up.

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

September 20, 2020 8:18 pm  #733

Ooh I'm in! Can you point me to approximately where in the movie those scenes happen?

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

September 21, 2020 9:23 pm  #734

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

Ooh I'm in! Can you point me to approximately where in the movie those scenes happen?

I'll try to narrate them a little bit so before reading know that this is a spoiler of the film.

Bill Skarsgard - at 25: 30 he finds out his wife has cancer and he goes out of the house to cry( he does it with the back turned at the camera ). Then at 25: 45 there s a scene where he leads his son to his secret praying place and he gets teary while praying but no tears are shown streaming down. AT 27: 21 he s in the same spot but it s night, he bows his head and again no tears are shown but his voice is pretty indicative of cryingbecause he s sniffing (again, the scene is so brief that you can barely get the cues). At 27: 40 there s the scene where they sit by the woman's bed side, there s another brief take of his sad demeanor ( just teary eyes). At 29 :16 there s a scene in the same praying spot as before after he sacrificed his son's dog. His son is extremely mad at him for doing so. He s more desperate in this one and his voice is again cracking and his nose is rather red, his eyes flushed ( but that's too brief to say exactly)
Holland - at 1: 34: 11 His eyes are very flushed with tears while talking to his uncle before leaving him and his grandmother. He holds the tears back, though, and the scene is too short. At 1:40:00 he threatens the reverend played by Rober Pattinson with a gun and he tears up again in the heat of the moment.
At 2:10 :00 just before the film ends he s recalling the events he has gone through the narrative  and his eyes well with tears, this time his face is shown in a close up.

Conclusion : Cowboys don't cry that much and we can witness this as well all through the film, there's this scene where the boy starts praying and his father played by Skarsgard warns him not to shed any tears while doing so. So the rule is to be tough and hold back as much as you can untill you are alone enough to let yourself go. I like the fact that on another ocasion the character played by Skarsgard actually is more at ease with crying as long as no one is watching him.
I hope my descriptions where helpful and i apologize for spoiling some key moments in the film.

Last edited by psychic_girl (September 21, 2020 9:32 pm)

Woody Harrelson

September 24, 2020 8:41 pm  #735

Thank you so much!

October 11, 2020 7:26 pm  #736

Jim Parsons (and Matt Bomer for that matter) has a nice crying scene in the last 30 minutes of Netflix's The Boys in the Band.  Parsons is sobbing as Bomer holds him, and wipes some stray tears from his face as well.  Powerhouse actors.

Also Caleb Laundry Jones has a very nice breakdown scene at the end of The Outpost on netflix as well.  Enjoy!

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

October 12, 2020 9:25 am  #737

Wonderful recommendation. I've just seen Jim Parsons on Long Island show and he's tearing up in tht one, he seems very expressive as a crier.

I've seen the scene too tonight. I'm really amazed by both of them shedding tears. Jim Parsons shows quite a wide range of emotions, from rage to panic and then emotional breakdown. I like the fact that his tears stream down when he's about to recollect himself and later in the scene though he seems totally recovered from his crying fit he starts getting sobby again.
Matt Boomer is more poised in the scene but he sheds quite a lot of tears as well and makes for a nice comforter too. His eyes are also slightly flushed all through this part..

Last edited by psychic_girl (October 13, 2020 10:38 pm)

Woody Harrelson

October 30, 2020 10:19 am  #738

In THE SECRETS WE KEEP are two cryings scene at the end of the film, from Joel Kinnaman (spoiler) and Chris Messina (where he gets comforted).

October 30, 2020 12:50 pm  #739

Thanks for this, abcd1234. "The Secrets We Keep" looks great.  I hadn't heard about it and I love both actors (and Chris Messina did some great crying in the show "Damages".)

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

October 30, 2020 3:31 pm  #740

Oliver Jackson-Cohen has a nice little sobbing scene near the end of episode 7 of Haunting of Bly Manor.

Board footera