You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 12, 2020 3:33 pm  #1

Male obs

Hiya  

I have a few male obs to share with you that I've seen on tv, from the same show and host. I believe it was a sort of documentary kind of show, and it only aired in my own country. It was a mix between  a professional camera team and the host himself that filmed it. So unfortunately I haven't got any footage of it. I still hope it's enjoyable to read.  

warning: number 3 contains a short mention of hospice care, if this specific topic is a trigger for you, then please do not read that one. 

1.  He was reading a book about a specific topic, and while he was reading it he was filming the text he was reading. After about 10 seconds or so the camera started shaking and you could hear some sniffling. Then he turned the camera towards himself to film his response. His face was already contorted to an "ugly" crying face and he downright sobbed right in front of the camera. Tears streaming down his face and nose, his shoulders shaking and him trying to catch his breath in between it all.  Sometimes he would cover his eyes with one hand, as he was trying to stiffle down the sobbing as he was trying to speak. At the end he even said it's probably going to be a terrible thing to watch for the audience. For who wants to watch a full episode with him crying every single time? 

2. He was saying goodbye to someone he had been following intensively for this show for about a year. As the person was hugging and thanking him  in the same episodefor all the help he had offered to get his life back on track, he broke down sobbing. His face and neck turned quite the shade of red and you could hear some muffled sobs as he was crying on the person's shoulder. 

3  This was in the same episode as number 1: After he said goodbye to the people he had followed for this episode, he found it really hard to say goodbye to them because all the people were at hospice care. They all gave permission to be filmed as did their families and  the facility in which it was filmed. And I must say it was done in such a respectful and dignified manner.  Anyways, after he said goodbye to the second of the 4 people he followed, he walked upstairs to get some paper towels ( I suppose he couldn't find any tissues at the moment) and wiped his eyes with it. As he was speaking you could tell that his voice was thick and full of tears . Then a nurse passed by him and she asked what hit him so hard.  He replied that he found it hard to say goodbye to these people, because they all knew they were going to die within a short time. After he said that, he was so overcome with emotion that he doubled over whilst crying for a short moment, then having to walk away to compose himself.

Then there were also some times when he was talking whilst crying, and brief moments in which he was crying. He even mentioned a few times that he was a real crier, and that there's nothing wrong with showing emotions as a male.  

It's not a real life obs, but since I do not have any video material for this I decided to put it here. 

Happiness can be found,  even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

December 12, 2020 4:15 pm  #2

Re: Male obs

Wow, a guy who is so sure of himself that has no issues filming himself crying, and crying in front of a crowd. I am not that much into male crying, but seems a great obs, too bad there is no video. Thanks Myfanwy.

Board footera