You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2021 7:11 pm  #1

Making Someone Cry with a Movie

Has anyone here ever showed an emotional movie to a friend, and been at least partly curious if it'd wring tears out of them?

Back months ago I showed one of my favorite films to a lady friend visiting. During a particularly bittersweet scene, she suddenly clasped her hand over her heart and her breathing got heavy and her lips got tight.

"Are you getting misty over there?" I said.

"I just might be," she answered in a choked up voice.

It was adorable.

"Bless me now with your fierce tears..."

January 15, 2021 8:32 pm  #2

Re: Making Someone Cry with a Movie

No, as my dislike of sappy films means I won't sit through one even if it means watching someone cry.

Oddly enough, sappy movie has recently made me cry.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

January 15, 2021 11:16 pm  #3

I've always wanted to do that, but I might end up crying instead of them...lol. But it would be really sweet if I could make someone cry (husband or male friend) with a movie.

January 18, 2021 7:54 pm  #4

I am so guilty of this... I made my boyfriend watch A Star us Born after he told me it made him cry! He didn't cry the second time, unfortunately. Hahaha.

I have also made him watch Pixar movies with me, and he got teary watching Inside Out. It was adorable.

January 21, 2021 2:12 am  #5

This was a dirty trick I used a lot during elementary and middle school. Not so much now.

January 21, 2021 10:58 am  #6

truffle wrote:

This was a dirty trick I used a lot during elementary and middle school. Not so much now.

Did you get some beautiful crying obs from them

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

January 21, 2021 3:09 pm  #7

reptongeek wrote:

Did you get some beautiful crying obs from them

Yes sometimes! Often, the person I wanted to see cry the most didn't shed a single tear, but there was almost always someone in the room who cried.

January 25, 2021 3:43 am  #8

I definitely am very guilty of this - but I usually go for something I genuinely like that also coincidentally could have parts that will definitely emotionally effect the person I'm with.

Board footera