You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 15, 2021 6:10 am  #1

New one (f)

Was visiting my sister in law earlier when she got into a heated argument with her husband. At one point she got really upset and ran into her bedroom, slamming the door behind her. After a few seconds I ran in. She was sitting on the edge of her bed with her head down sniffling softly. I sat down next to her and she began telling me what was wrong through her ragged breaths. I was looking at her face and could see tears in her eyes. I immediately put my left arm around her shoulders and gently placed her head on my right shoulder with my other hand. There she continued to talk with ragged breaths and sniffle some so I began rubbing her back with my left hand With that I could feel a couple of tears land on my shoulder. After about 2 min she sat up. I was planning on wiping her tears on her cheeks but by the time I looked up at her face the tears were gone from her eyes and there were no visible tear streaks on her cheeks either. (She's the only person besides my husband, one friend I previously wrote an obs about, and one friend I made online last yr that I feel confident/comfortable enough to wipe their tears).

March 15, 2021 1:41 pm  #2

Re: New one (f)

Finally, an obs, I am surprised she shed a single wave of tears, did they land on your skin or did you feel them through clothes?

March 15, 2021 5:15 pm  #3

Amans lacrimae wrote:

Finally, an obs, I am surprised she shed a single wave of tears, did they land on your skin or did you feel them through clothes?

It was through my clothes.  I think it was only a single wave of tears as she is not really much of a heavy crier and the fact that she was more mad than upset. The tears came from her anger I think.

March 15, 2021 5:22 pm  #4

I see, guess next time wipe tears then hug , that way you won't miss the chance. Better luck next time. I'm glad you finally had an obs.

March 15, 2021 5:46 pm  #5

Amans lacrimae wrote:

I see, guess next time wipe tears then hug , that way you won't miss the chance. Better luck next time. I'm glad you finally had an obs.

The only time the tears left her eyes was when her head was on my shoulder, unfortunately. Otherwise I would have wiped them beforehand.

Last edited by Princess_Lucky1731 (March 15, 2021 5:50 pm)

Board footera