You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 12, 2021 10:17 pm  #11

Re: By gender, what is your favorite comforting duo?

For me I personally prefer a guy comforting another guy. There's just something really meaningful behind this.

Happiness can be found,  even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

July 12, 2021 10:29 pm  #12

My top choice is guy comforting another guy and close second is woman comforting a guy.

I like guy comforting a woman in certain cases because I find the protective, powerful man very attractive but it doesn't do the same thing for me that a guy crying does

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

August 21, 2021 11:42 am  #13

Top scenario is girl comforting guy, but in my ideal version they have to be platonic friends. Not romantic or sex partners, and not related.

September 7, 2021 2:20 am  #14

I like to see a male comforting a male, or male comforting female.

The bigger the jerkass, the better the tears

September 7, 2021 7:15 pm  #15

I am only interested in men crying. I do like seeing men comforting men, however, what I have found and seen are mostly parents comforting an adult son or a friend just patting his male friend on the back and shoulders. I am more of a take-him-in-your-arms, rocking, wipe tears, wordless noises of comfort, like shhh-ing, "it's OK", and the like. And to have him falling asleep in my arms while I rock and hold him, stroking his hair and rubbing his back. I HAVE done that once or twice to a few exes, but since what they were crying about was REAL LIFE and tragic - that is something I do not enjoy. I more prefer actors inĀ  TV/movies/documentaries...where the men are crying. I can distance myself in that way in my fantasies that it is me comforting them. I am very much an aural person - I HAVE to HEAR the sobs and hiccups and breath hitching, otherwise, I really don't care for it. When I was younger, I used to tape (dating myself - lol) TV shows and sometimes would sneak my tape recorder into movies - like "Good Will Hunting" - and record the crying scenes. Then I would plug in my earphones at night and listen to the tape and pretend my pillow was the actor in that scene. I am not sure if that seems a little bit sad. Has anyone else has ever done that? For years I thought I was crazy and sadistic - but then I found this group and realized that dacryphilia is a real thing! SO glad to have found y'all. It has been 40 years, and I still do it! My husband is a VERY deep sleeper, so he has no idea. LOL...So, I guess women comforting men is my jam. Haha!

Board footera