You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 11, 2021 4:17 pm  #1

Crying hall of fame?

There are so many good criers who are actors out there, if we were to start a hall of fame for the best ones, who would you include? And who is on your "I've never seen them cry, but OMG I want to!!" list?

From personal experience, it seems the best criers are British/Scots/Irish/Australian, etc. My top five (in no particular order):

Tom Hiddleston
Michael Fassbender
Aiden Turner
Benedict Cumberbatch
Hugh Jackman

My "Holy Grail" sighting would be Hugh Grant or Hugh Laurie in full-on sobbing mode. Tears on the face are nice, but too easily faked. I need to HEAR the sobs, gasps, and broken voices for a satisfying observation.

Last edited by caircair (September 11, 2021 4:17 pm)

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

September 11, 2021 4:26 pm  #2

Re: Crying hall of fame?

Tuppence Middleton is on my 'never seen them cry' list, but she always seems to have short hair in her various roles - with the exception of The Imitation Game (she doesn't cry in that film, she only has one scene I think)

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

September 12, 2021 10:22 pm  #3

Caircair, I have been looking for a Hugh Laurie full-out sobbing scene for years! Do you have that? Or where can I find it? I think the only full-out sobbing scene I saw Hugh Grant do was more of a humorous one in "Mickey Blue Eyes". What is his show or movie, and do you have that? I will come back with my top ones in a bit - I have to think! LOL...

September 13, 2021 4:23 am  #4

reptongeek wrote:

Tuppence Middleton is on my 'never seen them cry' list, but she always seems to have short hair in her various roles - with the exception of The Imitation Game (she doesn't cry in that film, she only has one scene I think)

Tuppence Middleton cries in 1x10 and 1x12 of Sense8. There's quite a lot of good crying in Sense8--almost every series regular has a crying moment at the very least.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

September 13, 2021 4:59 am  #5

Robert Downey Jr
Ewan McGregor
Jeremy Renner
Colin Farrell
Colin Firth
Aaron Paul

People I want to see cry include:
-James Roday, particularly as Shawn Spencer from Psych. He sort of cried in the series finale, but didn't quite make it to full tears, and I always want to see the sassy smartass ones fully break down.
-Peter Capaldi, particularly as the Twelfth Doctor. I looked very closely and I don't think he ever shed a single visible tear his entire three-series run. Not even when River Song looks at him and specifically says he is crying. I had an interesting time with Twelve and I really wanted to see him cry. Nine, Ten, and Eleven all cried, and it was heartbreaking.
-Clark Gregg, particularly as Phil Coulson on Agents of Shield and various MCU movies. I'm almost to the end of the final season and I don't think he's going to fully cry and I really wanted to see that. He's one of my absolute top favorite MCU characters. He almost cried a couple times, and he once sorta cried from a combination of pain and distress, but again, never quite full tears or audible definite crying. 

-Honorable mention to Max Riemelt as Wolfgang in Sense8. I spent like the whole show wanting to see him cry, and in the very last episode he had a truly fantastic crying scene. Sometimes you get exactly what you want, and more than you thought you could ask.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

Board footera