You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 30, 2021 5:17 pm  #811

Re: Crying Scenes Directory

Hugh Jackman cries and sobs in the new movie Reminiscence during the climax. I was just thinking before watching it 'gee, he does such great crying in The Fountain--has he done other crying scenes?' And here he is.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

October 30, 2021 10:34 pm  #812

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

Hugh Jackman cries and sobs in the new movie Reminiscence during the climax. I was just thinking before watching it 'gee, he does such great crying in The Fountain--has he done other crying scenes?' And here he is.

I'd love to see that. Unfortunately the movie is not yet available in my country.

But was the scene any good? It does sound promising.

Last edited by Myfanwy (October 30, 2021 10:43 pm)

Happiness can be found,  even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

October 31, 2021 12:05 am  #813

It was good according to my metric. His eyes spend some times just real wet, he does the unsteady voice, anguished expression, tears down his face, and audible sobbing. I found it quite similar (if a bit less intense) to his scene in The Fountain.

October 31, 2021 4:52 am  #814

Ok y'all, there are three lengthy crying scenes in The Guilty, and another shorter audio-only sobbing scene. Jake has two long scenes, and, though it's only his voice heard through the phone calls, two serious sobbing scenes from Peter Sarsgaard. 
I have never seen Jake cry for so long, and I've never heard Peter sob like this, but oh god he can sob.

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (November 1, 2021 6:36 pm)

October 31, 2021 7:27 am  #815

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

It was good according to my metric. His eyes spend some times just real wet, he does the unsteady voice, anguished expression, tears down his face, and audible sobbing. I found it quite similar (if a bit less intense) to his scene in The Fountain.

Sounds good to me too. I really liked that scene in The Fountain too. Thanks for sharing.

Happiness can be found,  even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

November 4, 2021 5:28 pm  #816

Jake Gyllenhal has a nice crying scene towards the end of Enemy. The scene is interrupted by flasbacks and there's some darkness in the room but his tears are quite visible and he sniffs a lot, amost sobbing while being comforted.

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

November 11, 2021 2:07 am  #817

Timothee Chalamet has two teary scenes in Dune but no full crying.

The first scene is the "pain box" scene. Hard to describe but essentially has to keep his hand in a box full of unimaginable pain. His eyes tear up a good deal and he screams but doesn't cry.

Then, later, (SPOILER) after the death of a loved one, he screams at his mother and very quietly cries into her shoulder.

Would've loved for there to be a longer, more in depth crying scene.

What am I if not a woman who likes hot men who cry a lot

November 11, 2021 3:13 am  #818

Aasif Mandvi cries and sobs at the end of Evil 2x4, from fear and panic and relief, upon being rescued from certain death. There's a lovely shot of the female lead Katja Herber holding him as he cries.

Mike Colter cries some quiet tears while being held in a basement in Evil 1x12, toward the end.

November 11, 2021 3:05 pm  #819

The Quick and the Dead: Sobbing from Sharon Stone and Leonardo DiCaprio

Ugly crying is pretty crying

November 17, 2021 11:57 pm  #820

Marvel’s Eternals has quite a bit of crying, both male and female. Generally brief moments but I was still impressed by how frequently the cast was tearing up in this kind of movie. Rough counts:
Gemma Chan x4
Richard Madden x3
Angelina Jolie x3
Lia McHugh x4
Brian Tyree Henry x2
Barry Keoghan x1

Board footera