You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 20, 2021 11:46 pm  #1

Colin Firth - Supernova

Even though the quality of the film is not so good i managed to see Colin Firth's crying scenes in this and they're pretty amazing. In the first one ( it's at 13:44)  he starts crying while cooking ( i had the vague impression he was cutting onions but i can't tell actually ) and then he goes to the toilet cabin to cry in silence and wash his face. Stanley Tucci looks on the verge of crying as well, his eyes look slightly watery too in this one. The other one starts at 1:09:00 during the dinner. They have a troubling conversation about caring for Stanley Tucci's character whose health is declining. He's wiping his nose at the beginning of this scene and then Colin Firth's face is shown in a close up all flushed and with tears streaming down.

https://www.filmeo.ro/supernova/

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

February 20, 2021 11:51 pm  #2

Re: Colin Firth - Supernova

This one is far better in terms of resolution. And it seems he was cutting onion in that scene and then he touches his eyes..

https://filmehd.to/filme/supernova-2021/

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

October 12, 2021 6:23 am  #3

Oh god the restrained grief gets to me. O my heart!
Kitchen scene:: https://drive.google.com/file/d/168tKiZaOg5AQqgV5ABv46OnGc5cGQTPF/view?usp=sharing
Dinner scene: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17VYvYbRjN2aQSc-FUU0N6YJ6ZZmvS1i3/view?usp=sharing
He keeps wiping his tears away like he thinks they'll be his last, and then crying new ones, and I love the detail of how his voice hitches when he says 'not knowing who I am'.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

October 28, 2021 9:42 pm  #4

There's also a scene towards the end of the movie where he can be heard sniffling and sobbing but unfortunately his face is turned away from the viewer. It's very brief however.

But it's such a great movie.  I've finally been able to lay my hands on the dvd in my country. Really worth the wait though.

Happiness can be found,  even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

October 29, 2021 5:00 am  #5

It counts! What's happening in the scene? 

October 30, 2021 10:26 pm  #6

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

It counts! What's happening in the scene? 

Warning: spoiler and possible trigger for some people:

It's a follow-up from your last scene, he's lying in bed with his partner and knowing what his partner is about to do, he finds it hard to let go of him and so does his partner. So his partner is hugging him whilst in bed, and he is laying on his chest with his head turned away from the camera.  And towards the end of the scene you can hear him sniffling and sobbing. 

It's like in the last 10/15 minutes of the movie.

Happiness can be found,  even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

October 31, 2021 12:06 am  #7

Oh god wow that is sad.

October 31, 2021 7:33 am  #8

It's very subtle though and only lasts about 5 seconds. But it's such a shame he's turned away from the camera. He's such a great crier.

I was really surprised to see that scene since I did know about the two scenes you'd posted.

November 1, 2021 6:38 pm  #9

I understand. Thank you for the info!

Board footera