You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 25, 2016 10:54 pm  #1

Sea of Trees - Matthew McConaughey, Ken Watanabe

Wow, i can't believe he did it again. There are 2 major crying scenes ( and many more emotional scenes)  in this movie where both  McConaughey and Watanabe cry. The one by the fire is really amazing and it shows 2 types of crying. Too bad that McConaughey had those glasses and there aren't many tears in the first except the ones smeared on his hand but at any rate his sobbing is amazing still and the build up too, the second one is pretty similar to this one but his eyes are very moist with tears and the scene is very realistic. Watanabe is shedding a lot of tears and his face is flushed. When i first saw this i couldn't focus on one or the other...

http://filmehd.net/the-sea-of-trees-2015-filme-online-hd.html ( the first scene is at about 1:03.00 , the second one at 1:26.00)

On putlocker the scenes are in greater detail and the one by the fire is filmed from a different angle, very strange. I can't tell which one is the  best..

Last edited by psychic_girl (September 25, 2016 11:22 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

October 1, 2016 3:34 pm  #2

Re: Sea of Trees - Matthew McConaughey, Ken Watanabe

So what do you think?

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

October 3, 2016 7:35 pm  #3

psychic_girl wrote:

So what do you think?

Hi, Psychic Girl.  I wasn't able to view the video via the link you posted, but I had the chance to look at the first scene on Putlocker. 

http://putlocker.is/watch-the-sea-of-trees-online-free-putlocker.html

I think there's a slight difference in the timecode -- in the version I watched, the high point of the crying scene lasts from about 1:08:55 -- 1:12:10.

It's a very nice scene; the dynamic between the two men is quite affecting, and movies where two men cry together like this seem fairly rare.  It's also really interesting how different their crying styles are.  

Matthew McConaughey's crying scenes have never been my personal cup of tea, although I like him a lot as an actor.  But I think Ken Wantanbe (who I don't know well) is great here.  His tear-filled eyes at 1:11:00 are incredibly beautiful. 

Thanks! 

October 7, 2016 6:57 pm  #4

I think i know what you mean, he has  a bit too ''in your face kind '' of crying which is maybe ugly at times. I think the second version works better as far as crying is concerned if i think more about it, though Watanabe is more expressive in the first. There's a strange mystical quality about his crying that i couldn't find in other crying scenes of late. This movie touched me deeply at any rate.. If you see the funeral  scene with McConaughey you can spot a different quality about it since it's more of an after sob kind of cry, much more realistic then his other scenes in the movies which are quite similar if i think more about it..

Woody Harrelson

November 4, 2021 5:43 am  #5

I clipped the fireside scene, starting from when they start talking about McConaughey's wife. It seemed important to have that whole conversation for emotional context, even though it's very long.
Tristana, I completely agree about those rare scenes when men are depicted crying together. 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vHxZcbPwUavI_bi5Fyg5RBp_owL3etdw/view?usp=sharing

The post-funeral scene is interesting because he seems emotionally spent, like he's already pretty much cried every tear in his body. He's still sniffly and his voice is wobbly. 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xd4m_bfsOMPtR0TXPQtGkS3WxF_3MxZv/view?usp=sharing

I'm not sure if there are any more crying scenes. 

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

Board footera