You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 5, 2021 10:47 pm  #1

I have so many questions

Hi all, I am blind, so the only way I have been able to observe someone crying is auditory. So I was wondering what the entire crying process looks like? The one time my wife cried around me we were talking, she had just responded to what I asked in a normal voice, so I asked her something else, but got no response. I waited a few seconds for a response but instead she gasped in and sobbed. The bed started bouncing a bit, not sure why, can someone explain? While she was sobbing I tried to put my hand on her shoulder, I felt her shoulder move up and down a few times before she shook it off. She just kept sobbing and bouncing. Her voice would go silent for quite some time, then the gasp again. I have asked her what crying looks like but all she tells me is it’s wet and sticky. I’ve asked her to hold me while she cries so I can understand what’s happening, but she won’t. I’d like to know a bit more of what the entire process looks like through the whole body if you can. Are there any videos of a woman crying from start to end?
Thanks so much take care

November 5, 2021 11:17 pm  #2

Re: I have so many questions

Jojo1974 wrote:

Hi all, I am blind, so the only way I have been able to observe someone crying is auditory. So I was wondering what the entire crying process looks like? The one time my wife cried around me we were talking, she had just responded to what I asked in a normal voice, so I asked her something else, but got no response. I waited a few seconds for a response but instead she gasped in and sobbed. The bed started bouncing a bit, not sure why, can someone explain? While she was sobbing I tried to put my hand on her shoulder, I felt her shoulder move up and down a few times before she shook it off. She just kept sobbing and bouncing. Her voice would go silent for quite some time, then the gasp again. I have asked her what crying looks like but all she tells me is it’s wet and sticky. I’ve asked her to hold me while she cries so I can understand what’s happening, but she won’t. I’d like to know a bit more of what the entire process looks like through the whole body if you can. Are there any videos of a woman crying from start to end?
Thanks so much take care

Well, I am surprised to be asked what crying looks like. First of all, my experience tells me that no two people cry the same way. Especially different sex, men cry different than women, and I don't mean it in a sexist way, both men and women sob, both can have a stream of tears roll unchecked down their face and both can have so many tears that single streaks are no longer distinguishable.

I can also say that crying can build up gradually, eyes start to fill with tears until they overflow or it could start violently with a sob, could be loud or soft. Tears could run down a single streak or in a few or wet the entire face. Tears could be wiped or allowed to roll down the cheeks unchecked. Tears can be hot, warm or cold. Sobs could be mild and soft or intense and violent.

Hope this gives you a general idea.

November 6, 2021 12:33 am  #3

Does the face do anything in particular when the crying starts or stops? If she ever decides to hold me to her chest while she cries what may that feel like? I’m assuming when she takes a breath in her stomach pushes out? I’m just not sure what happens when she sobs into silence again. I guess her stomach stays in until she breathe’s in again? I never knew that people shook their shoulders when they cried

November 6, 2021 12:41 am  #4

Sometimes the lips curl or tremble, or the jaw tenses, the eyes squeeze the back (where the lungs are) trembles when sobbing, same with the abs, causing the shoulders to raise and fall violently as well.

November 6, 2021 1:12 am  #5

Jojo1974 wrote:

Does the face do anything in particular when the crying starts or stops? If she ever decides to hold me to her chest while she cries what may that feel like? I’m assuming when she takes a breath in her stomach pushes out? I’m just not sure what happens when she sobs into silence again. I guess her stomach stays in until she breathe’s in again? I never knew that people shook their shoulders when they cried

Usually you'll notice a person's chest and stomach trembling in rhythm with their sobs. It's basically very quick, violent breathing.

"Bless me now with your fierce tears..."

November 6, 2021 2:53 am  #6

I'm told that crying hysterically and laughing hysterically look very much the same, except that crying will produce more tears.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

November 6, 2021 12:54 pm  #7

I would think the best way for a blind person to know what crying looks like would be to cry themselves and note all the different things and feelings their own body is doing.

November 6, 2021 2:13 pm  #8

Ella wrote:

I would think the best way for a blind person to know what crying looks like would be to cry themselves and note all the different things and feelings their own body is doing.

I wish I could but I’m normally so upset about whatever it is I can’t focus on what’s going on with my body. Great suggestion though thanks.

November 6, 2021 2:16 pm  #9

Have you tried feeling your wife's face when she is sobbing, or at least mildly crying? I suggest you try that, but not in a scientific way, try to comfort her, wipe her tears, kiss her tears, caress her cheeks and lips. rub your cheek against hers as you hug her. She will appreciate it and you will know a lot more about what crying is like.

November 6, 2021 2:19 pm  #10

I never thought of it like that thanks so much.

Board footera