You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 6, 2021 2:23 pm  #11

Re: I have so many questions

Let us know how it went. By the way, we would love to know a bit more about you, if you feel comfortable, please introduce yourself in the introduce yourself section, there is a template in a pinned topic.

Have you cried in front of your wife? In case you have, how does she react towards you crying?

January 17, 2022 7:54 pm  #12

Hi everyone. It’s been a while since I’ve posted and I hope you are doing ok. I come back to learn more about crying and all the different experiences you have had with others crying. I wanted to find out about a few things. First off, have you ever been held by the person who is crying? I know normally the person doing the crying is the one, beeing, held but has that ever been turned around so that the person who is crying is holding the other person? What are the different kinds of sobbing have you observed?  What are some of the differences that stuck with you? Do you have a most or least preferred kind of sob?

January 18, 2022 6:42 pm  #13

Next time someone has the opportunity to observe either themselves or someone else, especially up close, would it be possible to record? Both audio and video or just audio if necessary? I only request this because I don’t have much experience with people going through tears and I’d like to experience so much more.

January 18, 2022 7:00 pm  #14

Did you get a chance to take care of your wife as she cried lately, in the way I suggested (wipe and kiss her tears, hold her, nuzzle your cheek)?

Has she done so to you?

I think that experience could set the base for your research.

January 18, 2022 7:04 pm  #15

Hi, no neither of those things have happened. She hasn’t cried in a while. And she has never touched my face or anything

Amans lacrimae wrote:

Did you get a chance to take care of your wife as she cried lately, in the way I suggested (wipe and kiss her tears, hold her, nuzzle your cheek)?

Has she done so to you?

I think that experience could set the base for your research.

January 18, 2022 7:13 pm  #16

Do you have any female friends that share personal things and possibly end up crying in front of you? Maybe you could try joining a community or club so you are more exposed to people, therefore your chances of being with someone crying are more (plus the usual benefits).

January 19, 2022 5:21 am  #17

Aha! My years of dissecting what goes into a cry-face have come to hopefully good use if she lets you touch her crying face.

The tear ducts that keep our eyeballs moisturized go into overdrive, causing an excess of watery liquid to collect and flow out of the eyes down the face. If the crier wipes their face, their cheeks may be wet with tears mostly just smeared around.
Her shoulders shake because she can't control her breathing. Strong sobs contract the lungs/diaphragm involuntarily which often result in shaking of the body and shoulders, contractions of the belly, and assorted gasping noises.
A crying face will often have like, the brows slightly raised and scrunched together and the inner brows may curve slightly upward toward the hairline. Eyes will often be at least half-closed with the eyes wrinkling together similarly to a squint, if not squeezed shut entirely. There's generally wrinkling/scrunching of the forehead. The mouth may be open and curved upwards or downwards and may feel very much like a laughing face were it not for the other cues.
If she's not making much noise but she's shaking a lot, she's suppressing the sound of her sobs which may make them that much stronger.

I hope this is helpful and informative and what you were looking for.

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (January 19, 2022 5:22 am)

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

Board footera