You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 23, 2013 2:33 pm  #1

Hugh Jackman (and many others) crying in Prisoners

Just saw the second trailer of Prisoners last weekend and I'm so looking forward to this movie!

The second trailer has Hugh Jackman crying (while the first one - which I've seen a lot - doesn't). 
See the trailer posted on 6/27/2013 here: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/prisoners/

Then I did a little searching and found this article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/zeba-blay/prisoners-terrence-howard_b_3952281.html
And my excitement increased considerably from reading this particular sentence on the article:

"It is clear that what we are watching is the Jackman show -- Jackman with his flared nostrils and countless crying sequences (ranging from the single tear rolling down the cheek to the full on snot fest)."

Cannot wait! XD

PS: the movie is out in the US right now. Enjoy! ^^

Last edited by sakura (October 12, 2013 5:43 pm)

September 28, 2013 9:15 pm  #2

Re: Hugh Jackman (and many others) crying in Prisoners

So I watched Prisoners last night... and honestly I'm disappointed. Had such a high expectation cos the internet has been singing praises for this movie... but in the end it's just not that special.

Also, that article in Huffington Post is totally wrong. There's no snot fest for Hugh Jackman! Only a few crying scenes (and too many for Terrence Howard, whom I don't care). But I've always liked Hugh Jackman's acting, and I think his acting in Prisoners is top notch. At least I get to see 153 mins of him & Jake Gyllenhaal, although personally I think it's too long.

September 28, 2013 9:27 pm  #3

What about Jake Gyllenhaal crying?

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

October 12, 2013 5:41 pm  #4

@psychic_girl: Sorry for the late reply... there wasn't any notification of new post here although I subscribed to this topic.

Jake isn't crying, since he's the police detective.. but there's a scene of him being very frustrated that I really like.

I watched this movie again yesterday, and still loved Hugh Jackman's ability to portray a frustrated father who would do anything to find his daughter. His frustration is shown on his face all the time, that looking at his expressions is heartbreaking, even if he's not constantly crying.

The moms in this movie, acted by Maria Bello & Viola Davis, also cried a lot.

Last edited by sakura (October 12, 2013 5:46 pm)

October 16, 2013 1:39 pm  #5

I saw the film yesterday and I liked the suspense. I went to the cinema to see the film, maybe that is why I felt more involved than I usually do watching tv. I liked Jackmans tears, it is not a snot festival and if there was any snot you wouldn't see it because of the moustache. Gyllenhaal didn't shed tears but at one time he was very enraged and emotional. You just see him from behind and I had the impression that his shoulders are shaking. You also can hear the rapid breething. All in all I liked the film because I didn't have any expectations before.

February 6, 2022 3:42 am  #6

Does anyone have like, timestamps? This isn't a movie I want to watch or even know the plot details enough to know where to look for the crying scenes, but I want to see them.

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (February 6, 2022 3:42 am)

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

Board footera