You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 3, 2022 2:00 pm  #861

Re: Crying Scenes Directory

I've been watching this show called Orphan black purely for crying scenes, the story is semi-interesting, at least for the first couple of seasons, but the crying scenes are not disappointing.

So, basically, this actress Tatiana Maslany plays a few different characters in the show (they're clones), and she cries as almost all of them. And what's interesting is that her crying is different for different characters - the main character usually has tears filling up her eyes and running straight down her face, one of the other clones usually just tears up and one or two tears go down her nose or in slow, small streaks, another usually has eyes filling up with tears, but not many tears run down, another cries similarly to the main character but it looks a little different because of her different hairstyle, yet another has shining eyes with tears and her tears sometimes just fall from her eyes, and I think there are a couple of other clones that shed tears as well. I'm surprised how the same actress can cry in so many different ways for different charaters! And there are a few scenes where more than one clone is on the screen at the same time and they're all crying! There are also other female characters played by other actresses who cry in different ways, but they're usually not as tearful as the clones.

February 3, 2022 7:03 pm  #862

Is this on Netflix

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

February 4, 2022 4:40 am  #863

OnlyTears wrote:

Marvel’s Eternals has quite a bit of crying, both male and female. Generally brief moments but I was still impressed by how frequently the cast was tearing up in this kind of movie. Rough counts:
Gemma Chan x4
Richard Madden x3
Angelina Jolie x3
Lia McHugh x4
Brian Tyree Henry x2
Barry Keoghan x1

Richard Madden cries several pretty tear streams near the end, and Brian Tyree Henry outright sobs in one earlier scene.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

February 8, 2022 2:46 am  #864

Tristana wrote:

abcd1234 wrote:

Does Brad Pitt also have crying scenes in the movie?

He does have a brief crying scene near the end of the film.  It's fairly intense, but I personally didn't find it all that satisfying. It reminded me a lot of his crying scene at the end of Se7en -- a very expressive crying-face and some sobbing noises, but no visible tears that I could make out.  (It's definitely possible that you might enjoy it more than I did.  I think Brad Pitt is really handsome, but for some reason I often find his crying scenes kind of awkward.)  

He also has a few other emotional moments during the last 1/3 of the film; I remember at least one or two nice scenes where you can see tears in his eyes. 

I couldn't find the scene you describe, but there's a nice little scene at the end. He is shown covering a body with his coat and making a bit of a cryface in the second to last scene before the ending voiceover, about 1:53:00.

February 11, 2022 3:36 pm  #865

SPOILER DEATH ON THE NILE
Contrary to expectations there a a few crying scenes in DEATH ON THE NILE. There is one scene with Armie Hammer where he cries really really expressively. I would love to discuss this scene, but only after you saw the film and how you would categorize it.

March 1, 2022 6:46 pm  #866

psychic_girl wrote:

Fassbender and Ryan Gosling have a few crying scenes in Song to Song, towards the end of the movie. I like Gosling's scenes more, he really sobs a few times and it looks very realistic though the scenes are quite brief and interrupted by other scenes that have nothing to do with them. It's shown a sad moment into the character's life and there's some freshness to these moments but it's such a pity they don't show more. He really cries for good, his hand is shaking at some point and his face is flushed..

I'm on a bit of a Ryan Gosling crying kick trying to track down all his scenes. I've seen one scene from this movie, where he's all like crying softly about his ailing dad (I'm assuming) and I'd love to see any more from Ryan (or Michael).

March 6, 2022 3:22 am  #867

A few instances I've noticed recently:Greatest Showman: at the end, there’s a tear on Hugh Jackman's cheek nd his voice trembles slightly when he and Michelle Williams sing on the beach at the end.

The King's Man: Ralph Fiennes lets a silent tear run down his face in the beginning when his wife dies, and he outright sobs when his son dies at about 1:25:00

This is a weird one that doesn't quite count, but for the record, Andrew Garfield does cry in Eyes of Tammy Fay. I can't quite enjoy it because he's playing the despicable Jim Bakker, but he cries or get teary a couple times. The most notable example is when he's talking to her about her having been unfaithful to him I think about a third of the way through.

Tenet: Lakeith Stanfield's eyes are shown full of tears in closeup about ten minutes in

March 9, 2022 2:29 pm  #868

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

psychic_girl wrote:

Fassbender and Ryan Gosling have a few crying scenes in Song to Song, towards the end of the movie. I like Gosling's scenes more, he really sobs a few times and it looks very realistic though the scenes are quite brief and interrupted by other scenes that have nothing to do with them. It's shown a sad moment into the character's life and there's some freshness to these moments but it's such a pity they don't show more. He really cries for good, his hand is shaking at some point and his face is flushed..

I'm on a bit of a Ryan Gosling crying kick trying to track down all his scenes. I've seen one scene from this movie, where he's all like crying softly about his ailing dad (I'm assuming) and I'd love to see any more from Ryan (or Michael).

I like both of them too. Very versatile crying and there's always a bit more with every scene or at least their style of crying isn't one-sided which makes me believe they're quite good criers in real life as well.  Ryan Gosling has loads of crying moments in Lars and the Real Girl ( all through the movie but the sobbing parts are towards the ending, from 1:35 :00 on when his character tries to let go of his obsession with the mannequin,other crying or tearing up moments are dispersed throughout the movie ) Blue Valentine has 2 more intense crying scenes but  my favourite is  the one from First Man.  The sobs and his short breaths are very audible in this one, there's also a sort of intimacy to this scene. Too bad it's so brief and there s no follow through of it. I enjoy when he covers his face and then sort of wipes his tears but they are still visible on his face. This scene is on youtube from if you research Ryan Gosling crying ( it's under this title : After Karen's funeral, Neil finally cry - First Man - Ryan Gosling ).
The baptism scene from A Place Beyond the Pines is similar to this one, though not as gut wrenching.
I vaguely remember that he also cries in Fracture at least 2 times but i can't remember the context exactly.

Last edited by psychic_girl (March 9, 2022 2:31 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

March 10, 2022 2:56 am  #869

Some crying scenes I've enjoyed recently:

Adam Scott in Severance. Fairly long sobbing scene in his car. One of the first scenes in the first episode of this Apple TV series. He sobs, wipes his tears, repeats.  Also, pretty good show. Give it a watch.

Jake Johnson in Ride the Eagle. Almost the last scene. It's verh sweet, a few tears and quiet crying. It's just kind of cathartic in a way from the tone of the movie.

Sorry it's not a whole lot, but I think its great when traditionally comedic actors cry. Hopefully will have more to share later.

Side note: does anyone know if Pattinson cries as Batman?

What am I if not a woman who likes hot men who cry a lot

March 10, 2022 9:46 pm  #870

ComfortCasanovette wrote:

Some crying scenes I've enjoyed recently:

Adam Scott in Severance. Fairly long sobbing scene in his car. One of the first scenes in the first episode of this Apple TV series. He sobs, wipes his tears, repeats. Also, pretty good show. Give it a watch.

Mind-blowing sobbing, it's the one in the beginning right? It starts right away with his loud sobs in the car. He's also choking up at some point, just before he wipes his tears. Are there some others too ? I wish this scene had been longer though.  

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

Board footera