You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 15, 2022 4:43 am  #11

Re: Would you rather

I'd prefer a variation on 3 where I can teleport into the scene even if I can't interact with it. I'm thinking about all those scenes that cut away too early.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

February 15, 2022 8:34 pm  #12

I remember Haley Lu Richardson when she was being interviewed about Spllit and she and a co-star cried when they saw James McAvoy portray one of his split personality characters.

I wish I could teleport into that scene especially considering her crying wasn't recorded

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

March 11, 2022 6:21 am  #13

caircair wrote:

My choice: Have the ability to travel to where the person is and being able to watch it happen live while being invisible to them (not acted, real life). Better still if I could actually comfort them without them being aware I was with them (arms around them, holding them, etc.)

This, right there, is the superpower i would like to have the most. I often imagine that i could be invisible and just watch someone cry, without interruption or social awkwardness.

"it doesn't take a lot of straingh to hang on, it takes a lot of straingh to let go" 

March 11, 2022 8:01 am  #14

Kleo wrote:

This, right there, is the superpower i would like to have the most. I often imagine that i could be invisible and just watch someone cry, without interruption or social awkwardness.

Yeah, bonus if it includes control over time, like the ability to go into slow motion, pause, rewind, etc. And if you could also have the sensation of touching and wiping tears without them being aware

March 15, 2022 6:33 am  #15

OnlyTears wrote:

Kleo wrote:

Yeah, bonus if it includes control over time, like the ability to go into slow motion, pause, rewind, etc. And if you could also have the sensation of touching and wiping tears without them being aware

Oh yeah, this sounds cool. Maybe with the wiping tears, I'd actually like the crier to be aware and feel comforted, but for just watching, the time manipulation powers would be cool.

December 5, 2023 2:36 am  #16

secrettearsfan wrote:

Here are some crazy scenarios I've thought of, take your pick:

1. Have ability to travel back in time to relive any crying obs

2. Shapeshift into any person and be able to cry on command and watch your/their crying in the mirror & film it

3. Teleport into the actual time/location of a crying scene of a movie or TV show and watch the scene and all the takes in real time, but only from the perspective of the camera

4. Gain access to every footage of someone crying ever recorded in clear 4k quality

Feel free to add your options.

I choose 1. A while ago, I was in a Physical Education (sports) class, and at the end of the class the boy I like got hurt by a volleyball. And I usually stay with him almost the entire time. But this time, the idiot here didn't go after him, and he went with the other people nearby, and on the way out he told me he was crying because of the injury, and guess what? I was not there. And I SO regret not being there, because I may have missed a lot of his tears that day and I still regret not going there

December 5, 2023 2:55 am  #17

Oriass wrote:

secrettearsfan wrote:

Here are some crazy scenarios I've thought of, take your pick:

1. Have ability to travel back in time to relive any crying obs

2. Shapeshift into any person and be able to cry on command and watch your/their crying in the mirror & film it

3. Teleport into the actual time/location of a crying scene of a movie or TV show and watch the scene and all the takes in real time, but only from the perspective of the camera

4. Gain access to every footage of someone crying ever recorded in clear 4k quality

Feel free to add your options.

I choose 1. A while ago, I was in a Physical Education (sports) class, and at the end of the class the boy I like got hurt by a volleyball. And I usually stay with him almost the entire time. But this time, the idiot here didn't go after him, and he went with the other people nearby, and on the way out he told me he was crying because of the injury, and guess what? I was not there. And I SO regret not being there, because I may have missed a lot of his tears that day and I still regret not going there

So, you’re telling me you haven’t seen your crush cry? Since when do you know each other, I mean for him to openly tell you he was crying.

December 7, 2023 5:34 pm  #18

This is a great question - 1 certainly has a lot of appeal as it would be great to revisit some of the amazing crying obs I've had in my life.
However I was drawn to number 4 and - but with a variation - when I first read this I took it has being footage of someone crying that was not recorded at the time the person was actually crying. So, the ability to see anyone in the world of my choosing and view in 4k quality any crying event they have had in their entire life!
So, I might see an attractive woman on the train, or a work colleague and magically be able to view their crying history (real crying events) and pick any event I wish to view as if I was standing in front of them. 
No more wondering what a person would look like crying - it would all be there at my finger tips.

I guess option 2 is sort of what I'm after but being able to witness real crying events rather than making them cry on demand is more appealing.

So, apologies - changing the rules a bit perhaps but that's what I'd love to be able to do. 

Last edited by tearhunter (December 7, 2023 10:50 pm)

December 7, 2023 10:22 pm  #19

tearhunter wrote:

This is a great question - 1 certainly has a lot of appeal as it would be great to revisit some of the amazing crying obs I've had in my life.
However I was drawn to number 4 and - but with a variation - when I first read this I took it has being footage of someone crying that was not recorded at the time the person was actually crying. So, the ability to see anyone in the world of my choosing and view in 4k quality any crying event they have had in their entire life!
So, I might see an attractive woman on the train, or a work colleague and magically be able to view their crying history (real crying events) and pick any event I wish to view as if I was standing in front of them. 
No more wondering what a person would look like crying - it would all be there at my finger tips.

I guess option 2 is sort of what I'm after but being able to witness real crying events rather than making them cry on demand is more appealing.

So, apologies - changing the rules a bit perhaps but that's would I'd love to be able to do. 

Well hello 🫡

Ugly crying is pretty crying

December 7, 2023 10:50 pm  #20

TorNorth wrote:

tearhunter wrote:

So, apologies - changing the rules a bit perhaps but that's would I'd love to be able to do. 

Well hello 🫡

Surprise  

Board footera