You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 22, 2022 11:50 am  #1

Is Johnny Depp crying in court ?

I can't tell if he's actually crying at the end of this clip though a lot of posters said he was  sort tearing up. There are some moments when he seems to wipe some tears but there aren't any visible on his face. I wish I could see him actually crying or breaking down though I'm sad about this whole situation and how it has affected his job .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGmTO5DRxII ( The tearing up parts start at around 19:00)

Last edited by psychic_girl (April 22, 2022 11:00 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

April 24, 2022 9:30 pm  #2

Re: Is Johnny Depp crying in court ?

Yeah I sorta got sucked into watching several clips from this public fiasco (you cant claim it's not entertaining 😄)

I saw this vids title ("TEARS UP") and needless to say I was disappointed by what it actually shows.

(Side note: I used to be obsessed with Johnny and watched every movie of his I could,  but never particularly enjoyed the tears in Crybaby because it was not emotional crying. Or even intended to look realistic. It was just weird. )

April 24, 2022 9:32 pm  #3

Also, he looks like he could possibly be tearing up then he grabs a tissue...and wipes...his...shoe? Or something down there it looks like, I mean wtf was he doing with the tissue anyway 😂

April 25, 2022 11:50 am  #4

Around 7:50 you can literally hear Johnny Crying and before that she says “there is love here”. If someone I truly loved was having that much of a mental breakdown and sobbing and trying to hurt themself I wouldn’t record it I would be crying to and trying to help the person I love.  I feel sooooo much for Johnny Depp.

https://youtu.be/32tQfxPHnT0

If you pump the volume and listen to the audio recording you can definitely hear him sobbing .

April 26, 2022 11:43 am  #5

I could hear a bit of sobbing the first time I listened with more focus but then i couldn't find the part I heard there. Can you tell me which minute is it or what did you find ?

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

April 26, 2022 11:45 am  #6

Ella wrote:

Also, he looks like he could possibly be tearing up then he grabs a tissue...and wipes...his...shoe? Or something down there it looks like, I mean wtf was he doing with the tissue anyway 😂

My thoughts on that )). I kept on watching to see where the tissue goes and nothing important happened.
I was also a fan of him when I was in college and saw most of his movies. Arizona Dream has the best crying scenes from all the films, i think and yeah Cry Baby is sort of a let down in terms of dramatic scenes.
He said in an interview that those fake tears were made of some sort of syrup or gel and were supposed to look exaggerated as the whole film is a parody of bad boys in the 50's.

Last edited by psychic_girl (April 26, 2022 1:18 pm)

Woody Harrelson

April 26, 2022 8:59 pm  #7

psychic_girl wrote:

Ella wrote:

My thoughts on that )). I kept on watching to see where the tissue goes and nothing important happened.
I was also a fan of him when I was in college and saw most of his movies. Arizona Dream has the best crying scenes from all the films, i think and yeah Cry Baby is sort of a let down in terms of dramatic scenes.
He said in an interview that those fake tears were made of some sort of syrup or gel and were supposed to look exaggerated as the whole film is a parody of bad boys in the 50's.

Arizona Dream is one I never ended up watching, is it worth looking up? (Either the whole thing or just key scenes?)

April 27, 2022 4:00 am  #8

psychic_girl wrote:

I could hear a bit of sobbing the first time I listened with more focus but then i couldn't find the part I heard there. Can you tell me which minute is it or what did you find ?

7:52 and 8:14 you here a tiny squeak that was reminiscent of the sob in Arizona dream when jerry Lewis character dies (spoilers sorry - it’s an old movie lol)

April 27, 2022 5:53 pm  #9

Ella wrote:

psychic_girl wrote:

Ella wrote:

Arizona Dream is one I never ended up watching, is it worth looking up? (Either the whole thing or just key scenes?)

I really loved the film and i  have watched a few times since then even if it's not in fashion with what is today. IT's a coming of age movie with an unusual symbolism and some pretty intense moments.  I talked about it because this is the one where Johnny Depp has quite a lot of emotional moments, at least 2 sobbing parts and 2 instances  of him tearing up. I recommend you watch it all, the key parts get more meaningful once you understand the whole context of those moments. A lot of the scenes, the most intense ones have this subtle build up, acommpanied by Kusturica's music. There's also a scene with Jerry Lewis getting nostalgic and shedding a tear in the beginning of the film. Johnny Depp's acting feels unforced and the character suits him, there's this reflective , strange quality to him that I haven't seen in other films of his.

Last edited by psychic_girl (April 27, 2022 6:04 pm)

Woody Harrelson

April 29, 2022 7:17 pm  #10

psychic_girl wrote:

Ella wrote:

psychic_girl wrote:

I really loved the film and i  have watched a few times since then even if it's not in fashion with what is today. IT's a coming of age movie with an unusual symbolism and some pretty intense moments.  I talked about it because this is the one where Johnny Depp has quite a lot of emotional moments, at least 2 sobbing parts and 2 instances  of him tearing up. I recommend you watch it all, the key parts get more meaningful once you understand the whole context of those moments. A lot of the scenes, the most intense ones have this subtle build up, acommpanied by Kusturica's music. There's also a scene with Jerry Lewis getting nostalgic and shedding a tear in the beginning of the film. Johnny Depp's acting feels unforced and the character suits him, there's this reflective , strange quality to him that I haven't seen in other films of his.

Update- so, based on your information I decided to watch Arizona Dream...the crying did not disappoint! However I was unprepared for the surrealism and I'd be lying if I said I understood all of the (apparent) symbolism. Very strange movie but it delivered where it counts so that's ok. Thanks! Been a fan of his for 25 years but never got to see a good cry til now. Side note, I'd forgotten how very adorable early 90s Depp was. 🥰

Board footera