You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 2, 2022 2:18 am  #901

Re: Crying Scenes Directory

Tom cries in Minority Report too, and I recall seeing a tear on Miles' face in a clip from Whiplash.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

June 2, 2022 10:08 am  #902

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

Tom cries in Minority Report too, and I recall seeing a tear on Miles' face in a clip from Whiplash.

That's a great scene too. I've looked today for some more and i found a very good sobbing scene in Thank you for your service at around 1:07:00 minutes. The character played by Miles tries to kill himself. He's shown with tears in his eyes and then he starts sobbing and gasping for air. A similar scene is also at the end of Only the Brave.

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

June 2, 2022 5:53 pm  #903

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

He cries another one in the scene too. And his voice is shaky..

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

June 7, 2022 11:05 am  #904

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

J.K Simmons has also a sweet crying scene with a few tears streaming down in Whiplash

Woody Harrelson

June 7, 2022 6:08 pm  #905

Thank you for the Miles leads. Turns out that at least when he's crying, I do not have the urge to punch him in the face. He's a good crier.
I'm posting his scenes from Thank You For Your Service and Only the Brave in my 'male actors crying' thread, as well as a really sweet scene from Cooper Raiff in Shithouse.

June 8, 2022 10:33 pm  #906

Mads Mikkelsen sheds a quiet tear at the end of Polar. It was the last thing I expected because it's a stylish and stylized and VERY violent movie. Vanessa Hudgens sheds plenty of tears and I think it's her crying that prompted his tears.

June 20, 2022 12:50 pm  #907

Jack Lowden has a  moderately brief crying scene in Benediction towards the end of the film. The tears aren't streaming down his face but you can see them forming in his eyes and then he wipes them and some more well up. The scene is quite dark but the progression towards sobbing makes it quite interesting and haunting. The scene is towards the end of the film, around 2:08:00

Last edited by psychic_girl (June 20, 2022 12:54 pm)

Woody Harrelson

June 20, 2022 8:01 pm  #908

About two thirds of the way through The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, Pedro Pascal quietly sobs. It's a comedy but he plays the tears fairly straight.

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (June 20, 2022 8:01 pm)

June 22, 2022 10:09 pm  #909

In the last episode of Obi-Wan Kenobi there is a crying scene with Moses Ingram shedding quite a lot of tears. I think it’s the only notable Star Wars crying scene since Daisy Ridley’s movies.

Ewan McGregor does tear up noticeably in one scene but doesn’t let any tears fall.

June 25, 2022 10:31 pm  #910

Ethan Hawke has a brief crying scene in the Phenom at around 1:22 :00 into the film. There's a lot of hold up and the scene cuts short  when the tears start to show up.

Woody Harrelson

Board footera