You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 29, 2012 5:56 pm  #11

Re: Crying on cue: stories behind the scene

Mary Elizabeth Winstead had an ipod of sad songs to help her cry in Final Destination 3.

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

September 29, 2012 2:53 pm  #12

The scene in Schindler's List where Polish women were weeping while having their hair cut had genuine tears. Young female extras actually had their hair cut on set, which made them cry.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

October 1, 2012 11:46 pm  #13

I read this quote about Emilia Fox from Silent Witness, from an article about men crying:

"I remember once asking the actress Emilia Fox if she could cry at will, right there and then, over lunch. To my astonishment, she could – from a standing start. Fat tears rolling down her cheeks. When she had finished, she resumed her smiling countenance."

Her on-screen crying is very good.

October 4, 2012 8:43 pm  #14

meantangerine wrote:

Well, that's not surprising. Keanu Reeves is not human.

He's more human in the  Lake House ...he cries a bit but it looks more like a sneeze followed by a cough

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

October 4, 2012 10:28 pm  #15

Excellent quote!  I love that.  In fact, I would love to try that.  I'd love to be asked if I can cry at will (I wouldn't bring it up myself -- I would want the interest to originate from the other person), and then be able to do it and impress them.  Not sure why.  I suppose it's cool to be on the subject of crying with someone and see how they react to it (preferably a guy, in my case, although I guess I would find it fun to impress a female too, especially a female actress).

lemoniep wrote:

I read this quote about Emilia Fox from Silent Witness, from an article about men crying:

"I remember once asking the actress Emilia Fox if she could cry at will, right there and then, over lunch. To my astonishment, she could – from a standing start. Fat tears rolling down her cheeks. When she had finished, she resumed her smiling countenance."

Her on-screen crying is very good.

October 5, 2012 5:22 am  #16

Correct me if I should take this down since many of her scenes were when she was a child actress, but she did have crying scenes as an adult  also.
Mellisa Gilbert ( Laura Ingles on the little house on the prairie) would have a lot of crying scenes. The actor who played her dad got her to cry by taking her on long walks, getting down on her level and saying, you know I love you very much, then they would both be crying for the scene.

Last edited by SomeoneG1 (October 5, 2012 5:25 am)

“...you know that a good, long session of weeping can often make you feel better, even if your circumstances have not changed one bit.”
― Lemony Snicket, The Bad Beginning

October 5, 2012 3:38 pm  #17

Wow, I'd love to know how Melissa Gilbert makes herself cry as an adult. Because her crying is AWESOME!

February 3, 2013 4:37 pm  #18

Claire Danes on her beautiful crying expressions: 

But Danes isn’t too concerned. “Homeland” earned her a fourth Golden Globe on Sunday. And she takes those who criticize her “cry face” in stride.

“It’s just the way feelings register on my face,” she told Elle. “It’s been isolated from the rest of my work, like it’s a tacked-on thing. It’s not.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/anne-hathaway-claire-danes-snl-article-1.1242655#ixzz2Jr3aplwN

February 20, 2013 7:06 pm  #19

Anne Hathway's preparation for "Les Miserables"

"Hathaway actually chopped off her locks in the ‘Les Miz’ scene we’ve seen countless times in all the various trailers. Over the course of her press tour, she recollected how she’d lock herself in the bathroom and cry in front of the mirror to get use to the emotional scenes from the film."

http://screencrush.com/anne-hathaway-les-miserables-movie-transformations/

February 23, 2013 2:54 pm  #20

@woundedpuppy If we ever met, I would love to ask you to try to cry on cue for me. I'd be to nervous to ask a girl normally

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

Board footera