You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 3, 2023 7:40 am  #1

Podcast with Kirk Honda and Humberto Castaneda

I don't know if you follow him on youtube but his stories as a clinical psychologist are really amazing. In this podcast from 14:28, he answers an email about a woman who complains she's never seen her husband crying and she asks him if that was normal. He talks about a few fascinating crying instances of his and how he deprogrammed himself an not to cry in his teenage years and how he reprogrammed to be able too feel emotions and cry again in his later years . He is a great supporter of men crying and then he talks about being liberating for a man to cry spontaneously every time he feels like it . Humberto Castaneda shares his own crying experiences too
https://www.spreaker.com/user/10958640/cheating-worries-crying-men-and-toxic-ga?fbclid=IwAR0K5tBpvzrPHwOv2v7CGuhrdfqGv-TPb4C3TArgUEhEmNgHQkQB8W_ah3M.

Last edited by psychic_girl (January 3, 2023 11:23 am)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

January 3, 2023 7:47 am  #2

Re: Podcast with Kirk Honda and Humberto Castaneda

This is another interesting podcast in which Kirk Honda talks to another therapist helping him to process his own trauma with someone. The guy called Bob is on the verge of crying throughout the whole podcast but in the last ten minutes of it they both cry and Kirk even mentions crying along with him at some point because he's empathic about his colleague's problems. The discussion is very intimate and special as it shows the bonding between 2 men in a therapy session.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FMzfv99KDU

Last edited by psychic_girl (January 3, 2023 7:48 am)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

January 17, 2023 5:40 am  #3

Funny, this podcast has done another episode where they talk about men crying.
Prompted by that knowledge combined with the info here, I just searched 'Psychology in Seattle crying' in apple podcasts and several episodes mention crying in the titles. I plan to listen to them all!

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

September 13, 2023 8:32 pm  #4

They finally had a video conversation and Kirk Honda got emotional after his friend apologized and hugged him and started crying for a while. There aren't tears shown but his eyes are clearly teary as he wipes his face with a handkerchief.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlpv4W3cWOE&t=2673s ( you can watch the whole video to see the context of their discussion , the tearful part is at around 1:03:00) I'm really glad they filmed this as a follow up to their talk about men crying.

Woody Harrelson

Board footera