You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 9, 2023 4:49 am  #1

New Movies(?) Plus some new favorites of yours truly

Hey friends, wondering about scenes in new movies. Specifically, Saltburn, Priscilla, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes. I KNOW there is at least some crying in Saltburn (Barry Keoghan) and TBOSAS (Tom Blythe), but I'd love to know if Jacob Elordi does in Priscilla or Saltburn, and like details, people, details! I may be broke all heck but I love me a well-acted cry lol.

I'll also add here some new favorites:

Billy Crudup, Waking The Dead. Its older, I know, but I'm in a real Billy Crudup phase. I think he cries at leaat twice.

Ryan Corr in Holding the Man at about 1:54. Short scene. Very brilliant movie, very intense and heartbreaking. He sheds tears/wells up several times but sobs intensely in this scene.

Jonathan Groff in the behind the scenes of the Spring Awakening reunion. Something about the way he tears up makes me absolutely cry with him! I think theres a clip on YT of one of the times where singing with Lea Michelle again makes him cry.

Kevin Bacon in Space Oddesy. Not a great movie if I'm being honest but its the only time I've ever seen him sob (besides maybe a little in She's Having a Baby.)

Matt Bomer in A Normal Heart. Who am I if not a queer who consumes copious amounts of queer cinema. Also made me cry. Specifically the shower scene. But its not something I can rewatch honestly. Same for Holding the Man. Anything involving real life stuff like that makes me sob. OH! and he does cry in today's episode of Fellow Travelers. Here's what annoys me though: the audio cuts out and is replaced with music JUST AS HE STARTS SOBBING! Jonathan Bailey aldo tears up multiple times but he hasn't cry cried yet.

The movie isn't out yet, but All of Us Strangers looks promising (and really good.) There's a moment in the Featurette for it where Andrew Scott and Jamie Bell both get emotional. Can't wait to see it!

Paul Mescal in Foe. It's on Prime I think. He cries multiple times (and for you lovers of weepy ladies, Saorise Ronan also cries.) I mean, intensely. He cries in most of his work- Normal People (at least three or four times), Aftersun (but you don't see his face.)

Casey Affleck, Dreamin' Wild. But he doesn't fully break down. Teary voice, but that's about it. He does actually break down (2x) in Light of My Life.

(God, this post is long, I'm sorry, it's been a while)

Charles Melton in May December, several times.

Uhhhh, let me think. There's got to be at least one more.

Ah! I know. Matthew Fox, Party of Five. The hodgkins scene. I think if you search it on YT you'll find it. Old? Yes. Am I just now watching it in my mid 20s? Yes. Yes i am.

What am I if not a woman who likes hot men who cry a lot

December 9, 2023 7:11 pm  #2

Re: New Movies(?) Plus some new favorites of yours truly

Ooh I'm excited about the new crying!

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

December 15, 2023 10:55 pm  #3

I can't wait to see All of us strangers. The featurette hints at many crying/ emotional scenes indeed!

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

December 16, 2023 12:15 am  #4

Ok this post got me searching:

https://youtu.be/KFGbpLzHBMs?si=-sSV2hrqD9NbPqse

Who can tell me what the scene at 2:08 is from?

Board footera