You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 25, 2023 9:52 pm  #51

Re: Crying Scenes Directory 2.0, -MALE

ComfortCasanovette wrote:

Oh friend, I'm SURE it's been posted here, but have you seen American Gigolo? I want to say its in the first episode- very first scene Bernthal is crying (very intensely) and its a relatively longish scene if I remember correct

I know that scene and I enjoy his crying overall but it's a shame he doesn't look as if he had shed any significant tears for that amount of anguish.

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

December 25, 2023 9:56 pm  #52

I had a nice surprise today as if I had received a symbolic gift from Santa Claus. I was unwrapping some presents in my living room when my mum changed the channels and at one point I could see Brad Pitt in the movie 7 Years in Tibet. It was just the moment he had a very nice breaking down scene which I had missed for ages until today. How cool is that ? It's right at around 2:00:00 into the film..

Last edited by psychic_girl (December 28, 2023 9:46 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

December 25, 2023 11:05 pm  #53

John Wollman has a very nice crying scene at 1:22:26 in Our Son.
https://2kmovie.cc/watch-movie/watch-our-son-free-104104.10185934

Woody Harrelson

December 27, 2023 8:32 pm  #54

Thank you for these, psychic_girl!

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

December 28, 2023 5:16 am  #55

Allen Ritchson sheds a single tear at about 41:20 of E8 of S1 of Reacher.   Men crying are not my thing, but I can appreciate the context of that scene.  

Spoilers ahead

The show is, more or less, a tough guy beat up bad guys show, typical action flic.   Fun to watch, but not generally much meaning in the story.   The protagonist is your typical tough guy, punch his way through the world.  The scene I mention though is pretty good, it makes that tough guy human.  It's a flashback, him and his brother visit their sick mother, before they visit his brother says(paraphrase) "Don't cry" after the visit is over, his brother says "Now you can cry".

Last edited by CGF (December 28, 2023 5:17 am)

December 28, 2023 9:10 pm  #56

CGF wrote:

Allen Ritchson sheds a single tear at about 41:20 of E8 of S1 of Reacher.   Men crying are not my thing, but I can appreciate the context of that scene.  

Spoilers ahead

The show is, more or less, a tough guy beat up bad guys show, typical action flic.   Fun to watch, but not generally much meaning in the story.   The protagonist is your typical tough guy, punch his way through the world.  The scene I mention though is pretty good, it makes that tough guy human.  It's a flashback, him and his brother visit their sick mother, before they visit his brother says(paraphrase) "Don't cry" after the visit is over, his brother says "Now you can cry".

Thanks, I am pretty sure that this single man tear is computer generated.

December 28, 2023 9:53 pm  #57

CGF wrote:

Spoilers ahead

This could have been a very nice scene but that tear is so shiny that almost looks fake or CG. Why are they  really doing this ? If they can't cry they should just leave it aside..

Woody Harrelson

December 29, 2023 5:48 pm  #58

Ncuti Gatwa sheds some silent tears in the latest Doctor Who episode 'The Church on Ruby Road'. There's a tear on his right cheek in his first scene if you look carefully (my roommate noticed it before I did), and in the last quarter of the episode he sheds tears with a woman who's also crying a little.

January 2, 2024 7:17 pm  #59

I watched Troy last night expecting men running around in skirts. I got men in skirts ANDa brief scene of Brad Pitt crying, after he meets with Peter O'Toole. It's dark so you can only hear his stifled sobs. Scene starts around 2:30:00.

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (January 2, 2024 7:22 pm)

January 6, 2024 2:19 am  #60

I haven’t seen the film yet, but in the trailer for All of Us Strangers, Andrew Scott looks like he might be crying in one shot. Can anyone confirm?

Board footera