You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 24, 2023 12:43 am  #1

What is the film that made you cry the most?

I intend to invite my crush to watch some movies every now and then, and to see him cry, I can play sad movies! So tell me which movie made you cry A LOT and I'll see which one can make my crush cry.

December 24, 2023 6:20 am  #2

Re: What is the film that made you cry the most?

Oh friend, this a truly great question to ask and boy do I have a few. Here's a list of the best ACTUAL cry movies. Notebook this, Up that NO ACTUALLY here are a few  movies (and shows) that I sobbed so hard at the end that I actually bruised my eyelids.

Our Friend. Listen, I thought, oh, movie about a woman with cancer, like, what an easy tearjerker, but no. No. Wept. Actually wept. Specifically when Dakota Johnson's character starts singing. Holy mcfuckin shit, batman.

Holding the Man. Another easy tearjerker, right? Love story spanning decades ultimatelt ending in tragedy. I cried so hard I almost threw up. 10/10.

Midnight Mass. I've watched it twice and both times the end has made me cry into my hands for at least ten minutes after the fact.

The Midnight Club. Now listen, I really did not think this one would get me. It geniunly didn't spark my interest at first. Episode 7 made me cry for about half the episode. The finale made me cry equally as hard.

The Haunting of Bly Manor. Last episode. God damn. That one may always get me. It's the music, the heartbreak, the finality of it.

The Place Beyond the Pines. That one scene with the theme music and the kid with the sunglasses his dad used to wear, then he's on the motorcycle- not so much sobbing but I definitely shed a tear or two.

The very end of Interstellar. Not so much the years of messages scene, though that is obviously emotional. It's just something about reunions, and not completely presents that does it. Again, more of a tear up.

Honey Boy didn't make ME cry but it was very well done. A lot of people around me did cry.

Oh man, I was a lot younger but Me Before You did actually make me sob. Holy shit. And I KNEW it was coming and I still cried.

Last one, hm, lets see... Me and Earl and the Dying Girl. It's very simple, but it's sweet and it's real. The scene where he shows her the movie and most certainly the end.

Totally worth a watch, all of these, and despite how they are described they are not all these depressing slogs to get through. Beautiful, tragic, real, and touching on loss and mortality. I think that is something all of us tear up a little bit to.

What am I if not a woman who likes hot men who cry a lot

December 24, 2023 9:06 am  #3

Any Pixar film will have me in tears. Also any film about an estranged mother and daughter where they come together, e.g. "The Joy Luck Club". Any film with a happy ending after lots of tribulation.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

January 3, 2024 10:35 am  #4

There is one scene in a movie that never fails to make me tear up at least. Towards the end of the Return of the King (Lord of the Rings trilogy) when Aragon has just been crowned and the hobbits bow towards him - he stops them and say "you bow to no-one" and the king and the rest of the crowd bow towards the hobbits. The first time I saw that scene at the cinema tears were streaming down my face! And if I allow tears will fall every time I watch that scene - I sometime try and hold my tears back but I will at least get wet eyes.

January 4, 2024 7:01 am  #5

What is your crush like? Are they a stoic that avoids crying?  Someone that is emotional and cries easily?   Something between those two extremes? 

January 4, 2024 7:24 pm  #6

CGF wrote:

What is your crush like? Are they a stoic that avoids crying?  Someone that is emotional and cries easily?   Something between those two extremes? 

The bad thing is that I don't know what kind of movies he likes, nor did I ask if he cries at movies, but of course I'll ask when I get the chance.

January 12, 2024 3:55 am  #7

Apparently Toy Story 3 does the trick

January 12, 2024 11:38 pm  #8

Definitely cartoon Luca by Pixar

Board footera