You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 22, 2024 8:03 pm  #1

Alex Pettyfer - Back Roads

I think this guy deserves his special place in the crying lovers section. What I thought it would be only a few two or three casual one tear crying moments turned out to be a very long and rich tearful mess in the second half of the movie. He plays the role of a man who had suffered severe trauma at the hands of an abusive father and his other relatives seem to taunt and bully him continuously until he breaks down all the way crying or sobbing in almost every scene. I like the fact that in the first part of the movie, we don't see him crying that much but there's a build-up to his emotions which explode in the last part.

At 15:20 he talks to his older sister in prison and he has an anxiety attack. Seconds before he falls down on the ground 2 big tears stream down his cheeks.

At 54:05 he is talking about his traumas with the therapist and he's almost crying but then he leaves the room. At 59:00 he tears up again.

At 1:02 he talks to his sister in prison again, this time they argue violently and both start crying. At 1:05:31 he's shown in his car with tears streaming down his face taking short breaths.. At 1:07:44 he's arguing with his girlfriend and after she leaves him alone he begins to cry silently. At 1:13:00 he's freaked out when his other sister behaves inappropriately with him,  he starts sobbing then.

At 1:14:;00 he finally talks in therapy about a very distressing incident from his childhood involving his sister and tears drip from his nose and eyes while he's being comforted by the therapist.
At 1:19:00 he talks to his younger sister and he begins crying very intensely again, his face being kind of blotched at the end of the scene. The next scenes until the end are also with him either sobbing or crying.

https://2kmovie.cc/watch-movie/watch-back-roads-free-6741.2512252

Last edited by psychic_girl (January 22, 2024 8:07 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

January 23, 2024 6:40 pm  #2

Re: Alex Pettyfer - Back Roads

Yes, I recall writing about this film as well somewhere in the thread. I don't know any particularly film where the main male lead cries that much as in this movie.

January 23, 2024 6:52 pm  #3

abcd1234 wrote:

Yes, I recall writing about this film as well somewhere in the thread. I don't know any particularly film where the main male lead cries as much as in this movie.

PhoebeOnthePhone posted 6 scenes from this movie in a separate thread. I searched them up again and she mentions your suggestion there as well. I'm just sorry I couldn't open them back then so I posted them again from a different link. I tried to open her links again and they aren't working anymore or at least they won't open from my laptop.
I don't recall any other movie which has so much crying from the lead as well. Only soap operas maybe..

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

February 9, 2024 4:02 am  #4

The description sounds promising. I will have to check it out

edit- there were so many instances listed I decided to just watch the whole movie. Pretty satisfying for our purposes. The plot itself is a bit confusing though. It's one of those where things happen and you don't understand what's going on or what they're talking about until after you finish it so you have to go back to parts and look again to fully understand....and then only sort of half way understand if you're me. I kind of get annoyed with movies that don't explain things AS they're happening because then I don't know if *I* missed something or if they just have yet to explain. LOL anyway, it was a mostly good movie and plenty--o-crying.

Also the woman in prison is his mom....I'm going to read the novel it was based on to see if it explains further ;)

Last edited by Ella (February 10, 2024 1:29 pm)

February 14, 2024 10:12 pm  #5

The link here doesn't work. Anywhere else anyone know of that I can watch it?

February 15, 2024 6:38 pm  #6

missyjdma wrote:

It doesn't work on Mozilla Firefox but I opened it with Chrome and it's fine.

Woody Harrelson

February 18, 2024 10:30 pm  #7

missyjdma wrote:

I first watched it from the original link, then it stopped working before I was done with it. I was able to search it online and found what looked like multiple sites to watch it for free. This one works on my PC but not my phone and it's higher quality than the first link

https://therokuchannel.roku.com/watch/aeb4852445c05506909beaf38925ef00?source=google

Board footera