You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 27, 2024 10:35 pm  #1

What do you think about crying with your friends or people you like? D

Since I was a child, I was one of those who thought that crying was weakness, not only that, but I was also embarrassed. Of course there were times I cried in public, but of course that was going to happen, after all I was a child. But I grew up and then the COVID-19 pandemic came, and I realized that the world didn't work that way and that there was no such thing as "weakness" when you cry. And since then, I started crying normally, but I still can't cry in front of another person I like. I'm not saying I want to cry in public, but whenever I vent to someone, I can never cry, and I would like to change that, but I don't know how. I think I have a problem with emotional blockage. Do any of you have any tips for change this? I really wish this "block" would go away.

February 28, 2024 12:12 am  #2

Re: What do you think about crying with your friends or people you like? D

I am the same way, last time I remember crying in front of another person was when I was 5, then about to reach my 30’s I met the love of my life, about 8-10 months into the relationship, she saw me cry for the first time, for some reason I didn’t feel embarrassed, she even wiped my tears. In more than 10 years, she’s the only person who has seen me cry (incidentally I might shed a single tear under rare circumstances in front of certain special people, but no more than a single tear).

So, I hope I’m not discouraging you, but you have to trust fully in the person you want to cry to, otherwise, I don’t see another way.

March 3, 2024 5:19 pm  #3

Good evening to you! 
If you feel like an emotional blockage might be on the way, I think it might be useful to search what is causing this blockage. Maybe it could help you to understand it better and to be able to cry in front of someone else.
I used to restrict my tears in the past because I believed that other people didn't need to see me cry and I had no right to force my tears onto others, and I was also afraid of being bothersome, until I realized that it was just a part of myself, and that it's not something I “should control”.

The most important thing, I think, is to stay true to yourself; your emotions have the right to express themselves, if you feel the need to cry you are allowed to cry, if you don't feel the need to cry at a specific moment, don't push yourself too hard!

As mentioned above trust also is very important, I don't see crying as a weakness either, but it's definitely something very intimate about yourself, something you might not want to share with just anyone

I hope you will be able to find answers 

« A mon chagrin, il fallait, cette nuit-là, les orgues de la pluie dans les caniveaux et les tonneaux. » — Violette Leduc, La Bâtarde.

March 3, 2024 10:15 pm  #4

I must say I am the same

Board footera