You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 26, 2013 10:27 pm  #11

Re: omg this place exists!

Welcome! I was oh so happy myself when I found this forum! 

inmyarms wrote:

Until I realized that what I wanted was to be trusted with that side of someone.I wanted people to feel comparable enough with me to sob with me, to be vulnerable with me. Only two people in my life have ever been that way with me by choice. And it was the most warm soul stirrrng feeling.=13px

Until now, I still don't know why I have this fetish. I'm a stone-hearted woman who very rarely cries, even at real life's problems and funerals. Not many people have seen me cry, it would be a privilege if they ever did. But I love looking at (hot) guys crying, and I love to embrace my boyfriend whenever he's showing his soft side (which is very rare). He doesn't know about this fetish, and I don't have the heart to tell him for fear of misunderstanding.

But your post has made me wonder... maybe I really wanted that as well... "to be trusted with that side of someone". Maybe I wanted people to share their pain with me. As I can be considered a rather cold person, not many things can touch my heart. I guess I desperately wanted my heart to be touched... to have that heartwarming feeling.

So thank you for sharing your story

May 26, 2013 10:49 pm  #12

I'm the same but different.I feel things very deeply but it almost never translated to tears. I only cry out of deep fear or frustration but never cry out of sadness or greif and never hard. I wish I could. I keenly feel the lack in my life. I 're member at my husband sister's funeral. They're Jewish and the dead are buried the day of the death whenever possible.funerals are not formalized. They are hastily arranged while greif is very fresh. I was surrounded by at least a hundred people ask of whom were not just crying but many outright wailing, the men as kid and as wet at the women. Many of these were people I loved.the deceased was family. And I couldn't squeeze out one year.I felt somewhat outside the experience. There, but not a part of it. I shed exactly the tears upon returning home and nothing in the six months since. Even if we weren't close, my husband loss, the four young kids she left, hearing her brother try to choke out a elegy, something should have broken through. I hate being like that.

Tears are the last gift of true love.

May 27, 2013 4:34 pm  #13

Welcome to the forum! So glad to have you here.

I really like what you said here: "I realized that what I wanted was to be trusted with that side of someone. I wanted people to feel comparable enough with me to sob with me, to be vulnerable with me. Only two people in my life have ever been that way with me by choice. And it was the most warm soul stirrrng feeling."

That is EXACTLY how I feel. There is something so incredible about being trusted with another person's vulnerability. Just amazing.

While my boyfriend cries openly with me, my best friend is definitely similar to your husband in that he hates to cry. One time a couple years ago, he told me that he broke down (and man, I wish I'd been there, haha), and he said that while he figured it was probably good for him, he really does not like to do it. It was nice that he told me about it, though; I think I'm the only person he told (besides his two roommates, who were home when he cried).

May 27, 2013 10:52 pm  #14

You are so lucky on so many levels.I cannot begin to tell you about the havoc suppressed emotion has wreaked on my marriage.decades old hurts festering, untied and they manifest as possible aggression, anger, apathy.......if my husband could cry out even his regular sets out relationship would be so much easier.

May 28, 2013 12:44 am  #15

I also feel things very deeply, but the feelings remain deep inside my heart and never translate to tears either, esp. in real life. Funnily though, I can cry whenever I read a very sad story/fanfic, or a heartwarming/touching story. 

As I grew older, I realized that real life could make me cry much easier than before, which is good I used to think that crying is a sign of weakness, but now that thought is slowly diminishing. I can accept myself crying for the right reasons. But as I'm not a crier in the first place, it would only take a tear or two... or just teary eyes. That's my current definition of crying ^^; 
It doesn't matter though... I'm just happy I'm not as cold-hearted as I used to be ^^v

May 30, 2013 7:25 pm  #16

A bit late (been busy lately) but a huge welcome to the forum as well.

With regard to your husbands crying (or unwillingness to cry) it could be rooted in his childhood and they way he was raised. I think many men see crying a big no no and a sign of weakness and failure. They don't realise it can be a sign of great strength.

As I've said before I only feel comfortable crying in front of women and only women I trust. I hate crying in front of another guy and would avoid it at all costs. I only 'learned' my ability to cry openly with my wife and female friends over time - how long have you known your husband? I found that after the first time it happened it became easier the next time around.

This times you saw your husband cry, how did he react? did he completely breakdown and sob? did you see any tears or just wet eyes? if there were tears did he allow them to run down his face?

I find that although some guys hate to admit to crying and say they are embarrased the way in which they cry can tell a lot about their deep down thoughts.

May 30, 2013 8:01 pm  #17

The Times he cries he really cried.tears, child up choice.twice he completely dogged but all times he was trying his career to make it stop, even holding his breath and then being himself for not being able to stop when he wanted to.

May 31, 2013 1:21 am  #18

We've been together for years. It's not the crying in front of me that gets him.it's the crying period.

May 31, 2013 9:09 pm  #19

Welcome! To the forum!

Board footera