You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 3, 2013 1:20 pm  #1

Male Tears

Today I had a nice observation. I was talking to a man whose wife just had a baby. I knew that his wife is pregnant, they have already two children, and I was astonished that the baby is already here, because I thought the birth termin is only in a few weeks. When I mentioned that, his chin started trembling and tears shot into his eyes. First he couldn't go on talking, then he whispered "I am sorry". After a few seconds he was able to talk again and told me that his wife had a pregnancy intoxication and had a C- Section in the 28th week. In the following minutes he told me about his fears, about the pression on his shoulders because his wife is still in hospital and he has to look for the childern. During this discussion he was on the verge of tears, some spilled over onto his cheeks and sometimes he just couldn't go on because his voice broke. Finally he took a tissue, blow his nose, whiped his eyes and cheeks. He told me that he is going to have lunch with a male budy from work and I wondered how he would do (if he would cry again with his male compagnon or not).

September 4, 2013 9:25 pm  #2

Re: Male Tears

Sounds like he was more than just on the verge of tears but full on crying. He appears fairly comfortable crying in front of you was well. You say tears spilled over onto his cheeks - did he allow them to roll down his face unchecked for a time before reaching for a tissue? If his voice was breaking to the point that he could not talk would you say he was sobbing?

This is quite an observation to be honest - in my experience guys will only cry this openly in front of a woman they trust. I don't know the guy obviosuly but I'm not sure he would be prepared to cry like this in front of his male friend presumably in a public place - I assume your observation was private?

Nice obs.

September 5, 2013 8:23 pm  #3

Yes he was full on crying, not really sobbing, more sniffling and when he couldn't go on talking any more he just stopped and some words he whispered. First he didn't whipe away his tears, than he whiped them whith his fingers under his glasses, but he didn't take them off. I had to hand him a handkerchief because he didn't have one and he said something like "I am dripping".
About how close I know this man: I did know him before but not very well. I was astonished that he showed his emotions in front of me. I live and work in a very small village, that is why I know a lot of people and I like to talk to them and I guess I am a good listener too. 
Sometimes I witness tears but like this is quite special, especially because it is a man and I never thought about him as emotional

Last edited by flatter (September 8, 2013 8:36 am)

September 6, 2013 6:18 pm  #4

Brilliant observation crier i would like to have that man teleported in my town as well ..

Last edited by psychic_girl (September 6, 2013 6:18 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

Board footera