You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 4, 2013 2:40 pm  #1

talk about

Do you talk about your observations with tears? For example when you see somebody crying or when you cry yourself? I realized, that I don't. When I see somebody crying for me it is like a secret, I don't want to tell sombody else in my environement. About my crying I don't talk at all. I guess I wouldn't deny it if somebody asked me about, but until now I never was asked :-)

September 4, 2013 9:36 pm  #2

Re: talk about

Do you mean that when you see someone cry you mention it as they cry? Depends really, with my wife yes I might acknowledge her tears, just like she would do if I was crying but we have a close bond and no issues about crying in front of each other.

If it was someone less close, I would probably say something like is ok to cry, don't feel embarassed or something like that - which is kind of talking about their tears. I would never be specific, like describe the tears they were crying or anything.

Not sure I've got the meaning of your question so please correct me if I'm going in the wrong direction.

September 5, 2013 8:40 pm  #3

I have to be more specific! I know you read my thred about male tears. This happyend a few days ago and I was quite moved by it, but I didn't talk to anybody about this. It is like the crier trusts you, that you don't walk around and tell anybody about their break down.
My reaction to crying is similar to yours with strangers, I say something like can I help you or it is ok. When I know somebody I don't talk much but I touch them or hug them. Even if it is unfair because touching often just starts the tears.
With my husband it is different, he actually doesn't cry and I cry very rarely. When I cry it is mostly because of an argument between him and me. When he realizes that I don't argue anymore he knows I am on the verge of tears, when he is nice in this situation and touches or hugs me he can be sure to have me as a crying mess.

September 28, 2013 10:27 am  #4

If I see someone cry I will not go around and tell everyone that I saw them crying - your right the person crying in front of you has shared something very personal and intimate and they obviously trust you to let them see that vunerable side of them. So, it would be a breach of trust if I told someone else that I'd seen them crying and I would hate for it to get back to the crier.

I have told my wife about people I've seen crying - but that's different - I can trust her not to tell anyone else.

Board footera