You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 28, 2013 12:15 pm  #1

tears because of pain

Yesterday I saw a man who was crying of pain. He had an accident at work. He pinched his finger under a heavy object. He was crying out loud, rocking back and forth and his eyes were full of tears. His wife was called to pick him up and when she arrived and entered the room he instantly stopped moaning.

Unfortunately I don't like tears because of pain. I think that every person just has watering eyes when a certain amount of pain is present, it is like a physical reaction whereas you can't predict emotional tears. I like the vulnearability of a man  when he just can't hold it back anymore an I guess that is more often the case with emotional pain.

August 28, 2013 2:16 pm  #2

Re: tears because of pain

I'm with you on this. I'm not turned on at all by tears that are not emotionally triggered. I will always comfort someone who is in pain, but I think it's a different type of comforting -- attempting to relieve the physical pain, rather than providing support. It doesn't involve any intimacy or vulnerability.

August 28, 2013 7:36 pm  #3

Ditto.  Physical pain doesn't inspire the same need to comfort - maybe because with physical pain, the cause is so obvious?

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

August 29, 2013 9:17 pm  #4

I totally agree.  I happen to see a fair amount of this with my job and it does nothing for me.  First of all because there is usually  a ton else to focus on, but I also find it kind of a turn off.  Somehow physical vulnerability doesn't quite do it for me like emotional vulnerability does. 

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

September 9, 2013 5:11 am  #5

I saw a grown man break and dislocate his pinky once, the tears did nothing for me.
Now if it was someone I was close to, they were the only ones around, and they were trying to hold back tears, then maybe it could create some kind of emotion for me, but it would be from encouraging them that it is ok to cry when they are around me, and reason for tears wouldn't be a factor

“...you know that a good, long session of weeping can often make you feel better, even if your circumstances have not changed one bit.”
― Lemony Snicket, The Bad Beginning

September 28, 2013 10:46 am  #6

Actually I can still get a rush when I see tears caused by pain. I'm still getting to see that person crying which can be rare in some people so I'm still getting that picture in my mind.

A good number of years ago now a female work colleague badly twisted her ankle playing football (soccer so some of you) - she had lovely big hazel eyes and I'd always wanted to see her cry. She was in a lot of pain and crying loudly with tears streaming down her face and dripping off her chin. She was unable to walk and I actually ended up carrying her off to the first aid room in the centre where we were playing - she continued to cry as I carried her - big wet tear filed eyes only a few inches away from me so I could see very clearly the tears forming and spilling down her face - yes definitely a turn on!

I've also see a couple of guys cry in pain - something that struck me from these observations was they did not wipe their tears away - in both occasions they ended up with soaking wet tear stained cheeks. It's like the pain overrides their embarrasment that tears are on their face - or they are in so much pain that they don't realise or care that they are crying.

Board footera